Close

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Show your MODS

Technologist
    I have tried PETG twice (different spools) with the same odd results - the first couple of prints come out perfectly. Then all other prints refuse to stick to the bed. I have been really confused by this as it is happening with the exact same gcode as the good prints.

I first tried with blue PETG, then white PETG. When I switch back to PLA Pro everything works fine.

This is what I was printing http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:795954 I printed one set just fine in PETG, and then tried to print a backup and never could get it to stick.

You might need to pop it in the oven at 70F to dry it out. It might have just absorbed some moisture.

Technologist
    If it is a moisture problem rather than putting it in the oven, you might try heating your 3d printer heat bed to 50 to 70C & placing the roll on the heatbed for a half hour on each side to pull the moisture out. I am not sure what temperature works the best.

Technologist
    This time elapsed between the first two prints that succeed and the following prints that fail is less than one hour - moisture is not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
    This time elapsed between the first two prints that succeed and the following prints that fail is less than one hour - moisture is not the problem.
    Could it be heat creep causing issues?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by plackslayer View Post
    Could it be heat creep causing issues?
    I guess that's possible

This used to cause me issues but mainly with layers not bed adhesion. Worth a try checking into.

Student

Direct drive Prusa i3V with Hexagon hotend

Greetings all,

Here is a little something I fabricobbled over the last couple weeks. I converted my older i3V from the Greg's wade extruder to a direct drive; mostly because I have gone through several of the big spur gears over the last year due to them getting a bit too hot inside the enclosure I am forced to use to keep ABS prints from warping.
    It took a bit of tweaking but it works, and much to my chagrin, it works pretty well. I was able to get it working the Hexagon hot end that originally came with the printer. It seems to push 3mm filament ok so far, (I have a lot of 3mm filament that I don't want to waste but will be switching to 1.75 as soon as I run through it all) All in all I'm pretty happy with it and thought I would share.

IMG_6748 (2).jpg

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819