Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Could not connect to COM5

Hi. But it probably failed. I configured Marlin in Visual Studio Code on S6 v2.0, connected BOT0 3.3V on the board and recorded on the board. I took out the jumper on BOT0 (without the BOT0 connection it reports to me a broken USB, and Marlin can't even load it with SD card) Visual Studio Code showed a message that everything is fine but if I try to connect the board to Pronterface it doesn't work and it gives me an error : Could not connect to COM5 at baudrate 115200:Serial error: could not open port 'COM5': FileNotFoundError (2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.', None, 2) What about the problem?

Banned
    So I found out that I miss the USB drivers for this S6 V2 board. Don't know where to download them?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    There is a pretty good walk through on getting this up and going on github. Just scroll down and you will see the v2.0 stuff: GitHub - FYSETC/FYSETC-S6: The new 32bit board of fysetc

Banned
    Hi. I know this page, I did everything according to it, and it doesn't work. I don't have basic knowledge, so I don't know exactly what to do. Thank you for your help.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    then change the default_envs variant in platformio.ini file
    default_envs = FYSETC_S6 (For old bootloader,boot address is 0x10000, see below)
    default_envs = FYSETC_S6_8000 (For new bootloader,boot address is 0x8000, see below)

Did you do this? And what did you go with? I think you should try the bottom choice first. If it wont communicate with your board then you can try the older way.

Also what Marlin did you configure? I am currently running 2.0.9.1 on some of my stuff and I think that is the latest flavor available. It might do you better to run the latest version of Marlin.

Banned
    Hi.
    I use Marlin 2.0 with bug fixes and Configurations-bugfix-2.0.x - FYSEC-S6. If I set default_envs = FYSETC_S6 or default_envs = FYSETC_S6_8000 This is how marlin is configured, I connect BOTO0 + 3.3v and Upload on the board, FYSETC_S6 SUCCESS 00: 00: 20.958 is displayed. I turn off the board, remove the jumper on BOT0, turn on the board, and the next COM port does not appear in Device Manager. Pronterface lists: Connecting ...
    Printer is now online.

When I use Marlin-2.0.x-FYSETC-master, it displays the message No DFU capable USB device available at default_envs = FYSETC_S6 after compilation. When default_envs = FYSETC_S6_8000 is set, it only lists errors..default_envs = FYSETC_S6_8000PNG.jpgconfigurace.jpgUpload.jpgVýst?ižek.jpg

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    What about further down the page just after that..

Upload the firmware(SDCARD)

We provide several ways to upload the firmware .Uploading with SD card is our default way to update the firmware as the board already has the sdcard bootloader in it when it leave the factory. If you choose to upload the firmware with a sdcard. First you need to connect a sdcard module to the S6 EXP2 port. Basically , you can use any kind of LCD screen that contain sdcard module. But if you can't make it work , check if your sdcard module's SPI CS pin connected to PA4 pin in S6 board .
    Then,copy your compiled firmware file firmware.bin file to the SD card , and insert it to the SD card module , and then power on the board. You may need to wait for about 30s to finish uploading.
    Note: The bootloader is in the folder named bootloader, please follow the README in bootloader folder.

Upload the firmware(DFU)

The other way to upload the firmware is using DFU.

1.Download stm32cubeprogrammer

You can download it from ST website.
    https://www.st.com/zh/development-to...2cubeprog.html
    Open the STM32CubeProgrammer software.

2.Enter DFU mode

S6 v1.2
    First power off the board , then push the Boot0 button and hold it , then connect the USB to the board and your computer , it will enter DFU mode . Now you can loose you hand from Boot0 button.
    S6 v2.0
    First power off the board , then jumper the Boot0 to 3.3V , then connect the USB to the board and your computer , it will enter DFU mode . Now you can loose you hand from Boot0 button.
    REMEMBER to remove the jumper if you finish uploading or it will enter DFU mode again.

3.Upload the firmware

Now you can connect and flash the S6 board with stm32cubeprogrammer with the following operation.

Do as the red number shows in the screen shot.

1. Click the button to flesh the DFU port.
    2. Connect the DFU
    3. Choose the "firmware.bin" file.
    4. fill in the 'Start address' with 0x8008000 (If your platformio env is default_envs = FYSETC_S6, then you need to set it to 0x8010000, in klipper if your boot address is 32k then set it 0x8008000, if 64k , set it 0x8010000)
    5. Start Programming

Banned
    I'm f end, I don't know what to do:

1. Click the button to flesh the DFU port.
    2. Connect the DFUErasing.jpg

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Have you tried flashing from SD card? Above states that so long as you have a sd card reader wired to EXP2 you can flash from there. Do you have an lcd12864 OR lcd2004 display with sd card reader on it?

I do this a lot, myself. You simply put the firmware.bin file on the root of the SD card and the firmware loads when you power on the board. On the BTT boards like the SKR series and the GTR and the Octopus they put a microsd card slot right there on the mainboard. Such a great idea. But redundant. You just need one hard wired to the EXP2 header with the ribbon and you have the same thing.

Banned
    I have a BIGTREETECH TFT43 V3.0 display, it is connected to EXP1, EXP2, and it is connected to URAT1-RX1,2, TX1.2, + 5V.3, GND.4 and the reset 5 wire is not connected, the display offers two options after switching on the board how to use it but neither option works and it is not possible to upload via SD card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast