Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

looking for a 3D printer. Need some help

Looking to buy a 3D printer. to many different products out there to really look at.

So far i really like the Printrbot simpile metal. also seems to have good upgrades that can be done to it.

also looked at the da vinci and prusa 10" i3v Kit
    Any input would be great. maybe point me to a printer that i haven't seen yet or printer that you like that has i high print quality.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Theres too many printer at the moment, most of them above the 1000 dollars Tag, is not about which one you want, Its about which one you need, you aré a thinker/hobbist get a prusa, you dont want to mess with técnicall Stuff get a makerbot, what aré you planing to build and using what materials?

give us moré info and Meabe we can show you a better direcction, Meabe not the Best one but a moré accurate one, cheers

PS: search the forum first Plz, this tópic has been cover many times, do it before the trolls wake up and get Hungry
    Last edited by bshadown; 08-06-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    Theres too many printer at the moment, most of them above the 1000 dollars Tag, is not about which one you want, Its about which one you need, you aré a thinker/hobbist get a prusa, you dont want to mess with técnicall Stuff get a makerbot, what aré you planing to build and using what materials?

give us moré info and Meabe we can show you a better direcction, Meabe not the Best one but a moré accurate one, cheers

PS: search the forum first Plz, this tópic has been cover many times, do it before the trolls wake up and get Hungry

just looking for something affordable, that has a good print quality, has a good amount of support.

don't want to get a product that has a little user base.

i like the makerbot but its price is more than i want to spend. looking to get my feet wet.

Engineer-in-Training
    Flash Forge, or Wanhao

Hi nefiwashere, we are currently selling an Ormerod for under £1000 if that is any use to you? Send us an email at kathleen@3d-print-works.com if so.

I pulled the trigger on the makerfarm 10". See how it goes.

Okay. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Ok that can be tricky, most 3D printers cost a lot nowadays even my self im getting a printer from indiegogo, just for the price Tag and because it looks moré realiable, dont get me wrong theres a lot of well know printers out there but personaly i dont want to spend 2 days solving one single issue, im moré on the consumer product side so i need less headaches and moré producction,

that been said, i would go either for a craftbot (indiegogo) a cobblebot (kickstarter) or something with a known name like Rostock Max v2 from seemecnc.com. i went for the craftbot, it should be here by september. Hopes that help you. Cheers

Staff Engineer
    Take a quick look at the Cobblebot thread in the Hardware forum before going too much farther into that. I won't repeat all the things in it here, seeing as how that thread is still fresh and easily found.

Djbrowny pretty much sums up the entire thread nicely:
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrowny View Post
    ... people will joke that 'hey, and least its not COBBLEBOT bad' and people will laugh and cry about the money they lost.

Technician
    Very pleased with my Printrbot Simple Metal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast