Close

Anycubic Vyper issues

I recently got my Anycubic Vyper. The first few prints were great, but it went downhill quickly. I'm having major issues with adhesion. I've cleaned and leveled the bed (repeatedly). I've tried numerous bed and nozzle temperatures, several Z heights, and done everything I know to no avail. This print is supposed to be a 10 mm circle with a 3 mm hole. This is as good as it gets:Anybody have any thoughts?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what filament are you using ?

But looking at the poicture - the nozzle is too far away from the bed.

You might also have a little blockage in the nozzle. And p[ossibly printing too hot.

If you have bed levelling knobs - convert to use nylock locking nuts.
    That pretty much eliminates bed levelling issues. level once and then never bother again :-)

How are you levelling the bed ?
    ie: how thick a piece of paper/card (never use card) are you using ?

Also what is your first layer speed.
    And if you don't know - that could also be part of the problem.

You need to know the actual mm/s print speeds - not some random percentage that some slicers give.

Well, I finally solved the problem and it was a number of things. Cura 4.2 came bundled with the printer. I decided to try Cura 4.10, the latest version. For whatever reason, it was not working well. I installed 4.2 and it worked much better. I also used the .1 Z offset height that comes as the default setting with the printer. Both of those together seemed to solve most of my problems. I think I'm getting a bit too much squish with the .1 offset, so I'm going to try the next higher setting available, which is .15. If I use the .1 setting that is the default on the printer, and I set the Z offset in Cura to .2, am I going to get .3 Z offset or .2? Does the Z offset in Cura add to or replace the Z offset set by the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    Well, I finally solved the problem and it was a number of things. Cura 4.2 came bundled with the printer. I decided to try Cura 4.10, the latest version. For whatever reason, it was not working well. I installed 4.2 and it worked much better. I also used the .1 Z offset height that comes as the default setting with the printer. Both of those together seemed to solve most of my problems. I think I'm getting a bit too much squish with the .1 offset, so I'm going to try the next higher setting available, which is .15. If I use the .1 setting that is the default on the printer, and I set the Z offset in Cura to .2, am I going to get .3 Z offset or .2? Does the Z offset in Cura add to or replace the Z offset set by the machine?
    Hi there. I am a novice in 3D Printing. New beginner and I am almost frustrated with my first printer. I got the Vyper; after printing the Owl that came in the SD card, I have a real pain in the @#$%& trying to print one of my own models made it in Onshape, every time I sliced and send to print, it didn't do well, it begins to print out of the limits, I'm using CURA 5.0, at first I thought the problem was CURA so installed V. 4.21 that came with the printer, installed the Cura Profile from the SD Card also, downloaded a few profiles, and also configured a new one myself following recommendations and guidelines from various places over the internet, without any luck.No matter what, I can't get over this, I know that as a novice is normal to have certain problems, but this is getting me crazy. Oh boy!I will highly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.