Close

Student

HeroMe Gen 5 BLTouch issue

Hello all, first post here... I'm looking for solutions and opinions for a little dilemma I've found myself in.

First off, here are the specs of what I'm running:

Creality E5+ with factory Meanwell 500 PSU
    BTT SKR 1.4T w/TMC2209 drivers w/ sensorless home, TFT35 screen
    HeroMe Gen5 cooling with dual 5015 BB fans
    Marlin 2.0.7.2 W/ Homebrew firmware
    Triangle Labs E3D Ni/Cu Volcano and 0.4mm Ni/Cu nozzle (40w/104gt-2)
    Factory Bowden (For now)

So... Long story short, I recently upgraded to the triangle labs v6 clone (wonderfully machined art, btw...), and with dropping the BLTouch due to the volcano H/E, it no longer clears the left side frame. I really enjoy the HMG5, but it makes for a very wide (and low) printhead. I've been fiddling with the firmware to keep it from hitting but the software endstop reduces my print bed area quite a bit. The low volcano end causes clearance issues between a Z axis guide rod block and the cooling ducts, but I've (somewhat) alleviated that by adding a 25mm home bump back-off on my X axis. It will still hit by virtue of the simultaneous X and Y homing if the carriage is too far from X home before Y homes.

The questions I have are:
    1. Is there another BLTouch option that would clear the frame so I can print the whole bed?
    2. In Marlin, is there a way to separate the X and Y homing so it will home X first?
    3. How about options other than the HMG5? like a Hydra? (I like the idea of DD with the original setup anyways)

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Student
    After rooting through my extra HMG5 parts, I found a different better bltouch bracket that tucks the sensor in and now it clears. as for the homing issue, I ended up turning off QUICK_HOME, and set a 25mm backoff. Presto, no more issues.

The low volcanic end presents clearance difficulties between a Z axis guide rod block and the cooling ducts, but I've (mostly) solved this by putting a 25mm home bump back-off on my X axis. If the carriage is too far from X home before Y home, it will still hit due to the simultaneous X and Y homing super mario bros