Close

Which large format dual extruder printer do you recommend?

Hi,
    I'm looking for a large format 400x400x450 or above FDM printer with dual extruders so I can print dissolvable supports.

I really like the look of the Gcreate GMAX 2, but it's really expensive and only available from America, so shipping and support concerns.

There must be something similar cheaper and available to by from a seller in the UK.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    At that print volume - no, there are no cheap idex machines.
    And a conventional dual extruder is not something you want to be messing about with on a printbed that size !

What's your actual max budget ?
    No point buggering around with 'I only want to spend 50p but i could go to £2000'.
    Give us the max you can actually afford and we won't waste time with reco0mmending machines you genuinely can't afford. :-)

Thanks for your reply.

My target is £1800, but could make it £2000 at an absolute push.

You can look for a raise3d E2, but it is a bit smaller than what you are asking for.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    If you are not afraid of a little work to get to your end result you can get an even bigger build volume. This printer has a build volume of 600mm x 600mm x 600mm..

Tronxy X5SA-600 Large Direct Drive 3D Printer 600*600*600mm – Tronxy 3D Printers Official Store

You can buy that build it and then you can buy the dual filament upgrade kit for the 500 pro here..

Tronxy PRO-2E Upgrade Kits for X5SA-500 PRO to X5SA-500 PRO-2E – Tronxy 3D Printers Official Store

Apply that and then you just have to correct the X and Y dimensions in the printer firmware from 500x500 to 600x600 for X&Y. This path will let you build up to a 2ft cube