Close

Ender 5 + bed travels down instead of up when homing.

I went to start a print and the bed of the ender 5 plus now travels down instead of up when it is trying to home. It will raise if you hit the Z up button. But it stops when it gets to the point where the print stopped its last print. it won't home to level or auto home. If you try to do this it will lower the table. I have been using this printer from about 4 months and have been getting nice prints from it. I'm not sure if this is the cause but I moved the gantry by hand and I noticed the BL touch lite up, even though the power was off. I fear that it generated some current and damaged ether the firmware or the motherboard. Has anyone ever seen this before? Wonder what my options are to fix i

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I would test End-stops using M119: Endstop States.

Connect the 3D Printer using the USB to your computer and using terminal mode for 3D Printers with a capable slicer.

I found the trouble. I did fry the BL touch by moving the gantry by hand. So I replaced the BL touch. But when I removed the 5 pin connector from the BL touch I broke the connector. I was trying to remove the hot glue that Creality puts on it's connections. The connector cracked in half. The wires and pins are still perfect. I have no idea where I will get a new connector. I don't even know the proper name for this. It is way smaller than the standard size pin connectors.

I found the trouble. I did fry the BL touch by moving the gantry by hand. So I replaced the BL touch. But when I removed the 5 pin connector from the BL touch I broke the connector. I was trying to remove the hot glue that Creality puts on it's connections. The connector cracked in half. The wires and pins are still perfect. I have no idea where I will get a new connector. I don't even know the proper name for this. It is way smaller than the standard size pin connectors.