Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PETG print quality from good to bad, overnight

Good day everyone,I am new to this forum, and 3d printing, and would like some advice please.I started printing about 3 months ago, and have gotten quite far with quality of my prints, until the last few tries it all went wrong somehow. I'm printing with PETG, and have a profile set on Cura for my prints, so I use the same profile every time. All of a sudden the quality just went really bad, and I cant for the life of me figure out why. The attached picture shows what it looks like now, and I hope someone has seen this before and could shed some light on why. The area that looks like dried up lava used to be nice and flat. This is a cover for a little box that I print, and it used to be nice and smooth.My printer is a Creality Ender 5 Plus with a Micro Swiss Direct Drive upgrade, see attached screenshot of my settings in Cura for PETG.I've tried using another new roll of PETG, and the same happens.Hope someone can help me with this.Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can not tell much from the tiny picture, but if no settings have change and it used to print good and you got the same bad results with 2 different rolls of filament, I would guess the problem is Hardware Related. Extruder clogged.. filament drive slipping, Z offset wrong, bed issue or something more broken with the printer. Ender products are not really all the great from what have read on here over the past few years. I don't have that printer nor do I use Cura and I have never had a print look like that.. from what I can see. Sorry I am not more help..

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    Can not tell much from the tiny picture, but if no settings have change and it used to print good and you got the same bad results with 2 different rolls of filament, I would guess the problem is Hardware Related. Extruder clogged.. filament drive slipping, Z offset wrong, bed issue or something more broken with the printer. Ender products are not really all the great from what have read on here over the past few years. I don't have that printer nor do I use Cura and I have never had a print look like that.. from what I can see. Sorry I am not more help..
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried to shorten the tubing for the filament feed, and it's busy printing now. Will have to wait and see what happens.It did feel quite tight when I took the filament out of the old one, so hopefully that was the problem.

No such luck, starts off fine and nice and clean, then all of a sudden start spewing out the spider webbing, cant see why...

does it start to mess up at the same layer each time.. could be a hardware issue..

does it start to mess up at the same layer each time.. could be a hardware issue..
    The problem seems to start when it begins the infill…

Try changing the infill speed to 1/2 of what it is and see if there is any change

Super Moderator
    Might be 'Spaghetti infill' set in Cura experimental mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Might be 'Spaghetti infill' set in Cura experimental mode.
    Not sure how to check that, but I've tried so many other things to try fix it, but so far nothing has worked.The print starts nicely, but then by the second layer the spaghetti starts to come out and when it gets to the infill everything starts to look like a huge mess....I've tried changing print speeds, temperatures, infill type, position of the print on the bed, quality of the print, wall thickness, etc. etc. etc.I even changed the filament tubing, just in case there was a blockage in it and the plastic wasn't moving through easily enough. My next thought is that the thermistor is not picking up the correct temp, and it's not adjusting correctly. Or maybe the heat block isn't keeping the heat up... I'm quickly running out of ideas.

Super Moderator
    It's the bottom menu choice labeled Experimental, pic shows the part of that menu.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast