Close

3D Printed Woman's Sandals With Filaflex

We have already seen several different types of 3D printed shoes. Many work, while others are just for show, and would kill a person's foot if worn on a regular basis. The company which makes the Filaflex flexible filament, Recreus has come out with a design for woman's sandals, which use their rubber-like filament. The full details on these awesome looking sandals can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10134/recreus-3d-printed-sandals/

What do you think? They look rather comfortable.... Would you wear these Recreus sandals? Could such designs be the future of the shoe business? Check out an image of the sandals below:

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    For small bussines and indie artis, this Will defitnley works,

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    not buying any.. and not making anymore ...

I did the calculations with my wife on trying to produce shoes, more practically kids shoes as you go through so many pairs.

So I printed a pair, took 3 hours per foot, so 6 hours and took nearly 100 grams of flex filament @ $70 per kg.

The popular sandal rubber things called "Crocs" are $5 a pair at BigW, or most department stores and it's a 10 minute drive.

To print them, it costs about $10 in filament +6 hours, plus clean up of supports.

You know what we said?

let's just go to Big W.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Staff Engineer
    Yeah, printed shoes aren't practical from a price perspective unless you want to customize them somehow, or have extenuating circumstances that require specialty shoes.