Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Hi
    Im still happy with him he is now my printer for all parts who are fit into the NEO (why should I start the bigger ones) he is printing and peinting and printing..

the lat few weeks a friend take care of him ( I was a few weeks not in Germany) now he already called me if I need him soon back or if he can hold him longer *g* looks like he is infected and there will be soon his own printer in the house.

I already prepared a few next plans with him I working on a Heatbed and a standalone system, the LCD with SD card is already here but I didnt want to change my printrboard so I waiting for one with a defect connector if I can repair it I will use this one for experimental if all working i can work with the NEO standalone can print from SD card with an LCD and a Heatbed. But still on the begnning erliest start for test is when I get the second printrboard.

br
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by efrost View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I've bought NEO 3d month ago and still trying to solve problems. I am new to the 3d printing so it takes time to figure out how to make prints better.

So far
    1. I have destroyed plastic plate for the printbed. Carbon film has teared off after a few prints and I had to make another plate from plexiglass and it works quite well now.
    2. My extruder sometimes creasing the filament and I am waiting for the new extruder from German Reprap.
    3. Quite often I can find brown dots or even blobs on the printed models. I was trying to figure out what's happening and it seems that it caused by dirty nozzle. The nozzle becomes dirty when material twisting on the corners. Yesterday I tried to blow to the model with hair dryer in cold mode and I don't see material twisting. Now I am looking for a solution of installing a fan.
    4. Default temperature settings are 210 for the first layer and 210 for other layers, but after I've printed a few models for calibration I found out that optimal temperature for other layers is 185.
    5. Playing with layer height, the optimal one for me is 0.15mm and first layer is 0.2mm.
    6. Also my version of Slic3r has very interesting bug in settings. Speed setting named "Bridges" actually controls speed of printing outer walls :-\
    7. And the last thing... is there any solution for fixing the printbed so it won't be necessary to calibrate it before each print?
    game cam
    Could you, please, give more details about fan installation?
    I have searched through thingiverse but cannot find the correct fan holder and also it is unclear where to connect it? Does NEO 3d have pins for it?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards
    I'm new to 3d printing but it seems to me like you could make one from a digtial camera set in a vertical position and then have a turntable and move it a couple of degrees at a time then use autodesk123 ? to stitch the final image together cheaper with the camera that has a better megapixal capture.

Student
    @ Ravikaleova
    What have the camera to do with 3D Printing and specialy with efrost´s problems ??
    br
    Thomas

Interesting !

What size fan ? What kind of connector ? 3 pin / 4 pin ? 5 volt or 12 volt ?

Student
    Think it was a 40mm,

12V

I would connect it with the printport there is a connector for a fan , he can controlled by the slicer.

Br
    Thomas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12