Close

Anycubic i3 Mega S: Strange behaviour from home detectors

Not sure whether this would be better to ask in here or in the Tech Support subforum…Anyway, I used to have the issue that it would sometimes say "T0 Sensor Abnormal" after printing for a few hours and then completely halt with no way of continuing, wasting time and filament. After some searching, I found https://youtube.com/watch?v=9o4_UMJTN-Y (the video is in Russian, but thankfully, there are English subtitles), which suggested to use a shorter cable for the temperature sensor due to it being analog and soldering it directly to the mainboard. I made sure I had the right soldering points, applied the fix, made sure there weren't any unwanted connection from soldering, and turned the printer on. Everything seemed to work normally, apart from the fact that the home detector (not sure what else to call them, those buttons that are used to detect when the bed or hotend are homed) on the left pillar would, instead of working normally, triggers a reboot of the mainboard firmware (but not of the touchscreen firmware), as well as causes the D1 LED to blink. Meanwhile, the home detector for the bed has a constantly active LED and doesn't do anything either (normally there's a beep when the home detectors are pushed). The button itself does definitely work, however, given that when swapping the cables, the home detector of the bed caused the same behavior as the one on the left pillar. Any ideas what could be wrong? How could I debug this (I already tried plugging out some cables and the like, but couldn't draw any helpful conclusions from that)? I'm not even completely certain it's the "fix" for the temperature sensor that caused this… An image of some of my changes: https://plik.artemislena.eu/file/56o...pbrb/image.jpg
    Last edited by FantasyCookie17; 07-04-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Update: Pressing the reset button causes exactly the same behavior as shorting the pins of the left pillar home detector.

Interesting. I suspected it was some kind of short circuit, so I decided to screw off the mainboard, just to check whether any solder points on the back of it were connected or anything like that. As I couldn't find anything, I screwed it back in place and reassembled everything, after which the printer worked as it should. Perhaps some small piece of wire that previously caused the short circuit fell off or so… Regard this as solved, unless you have anything to add.