Close



Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    QIDI i-fast owners

    Hi, I love my new i-Fast, are there any others out there with one of these awesome printers? I would love to be able to chat about it with a user not just with tech support.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
    Hi, I love my new i-Fast, are there any others out there with one of these awesome printers? I would love to be able to chat about it with a user not just with tech support.
    Hey Franzdom, I have one coming in Thursday. Been looking for a Cura and/or PrusaSlicer profile to get started with, but can't find any. I may just slice with their Qidi Print first and then play with creating a profile on Cura.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDS89 View Post
    Hey Franzdom, I have one coming in Thursday. Been looking for a Cura and/or PrusaSlicer profile to get started with, but can't find any. I may just slice with their Qidi Print first and then play with creating a profile on Cura.
    Their slicer is a reskinned Cura and it works pretty good. I have only used it and S3D.
    Qidi keeps their profile for their slicer updated often while they haven't updated their Simplify 3D profile much if at all.

    Also, with their slicer you can send files via wifi or wlan to the printer directly from inside it, even if you slice it on say S3d. If you look in the Gcode for the files the qidi slicer creates it says exactly which CURA engine version it is using like 4.9.1 or somesuch.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
    Their slicer is a reskinned Cura and it works pretty good. I have only used it and S3D.
    Qidi keeps their profile for their slicer updated often while they haven't updated their Simplify 3D profile much if at all.

    Also, with their slicer you can send files via wifi or wlan to the printer directly from inside it, even if you slice it on say S3d. If you look in the Gcode for the files the qidi slicer creates it says exactly which CURA engine version it is using like 4.9.1 or somesuch.
    Yes I noticed it was a skinned version of Cura. I will probably do my first print(s) through Qidi Slicer and if everything looks good I will probably move over to one of my other slicers I use as long as I can get it working as well through there.

    Sending the files through WiFi is nice, but my concern was if it doesn't actually store the file on the printer than if you restart your computer or something in the middle of the print it would cause issues. I haven't seen if it transfers the print file to the printer or keeps it on your computer using this method for sure.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
    Hi, I love my new i-Fast, are there any others out there with one of these awesome printers? I would love to be able to chat about it with a user not just with tech support.
    Does this mode often need to be used?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •