Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    I (still) have the save issues with my PETG. I also use Overture. Out of the box, it prints butter smooth, but after a few days, it'll string, blob, and not stick. I live in SE-WI where the humidity can get in the 80% range and outside heat in the 90's+. My house stays ~70-72 (21-22C), and can reach on rainy days to 60% humidity. I use a food dehydrator to dry my filament before i print, and it'll last maybe 2-3 days before having to do it again. Desiccant packets are useless IMO. once they absorb their cap in moisture, they wont work anymore. I use the calcium chloride drying pods from the dollar store. They dry better, and keep drying until the pellets are gone. I had a similar issue with my PETG not sticking when it gets wet. I also found that, on my ender 5+, the pure glass backside of the bed works awesome for Overture PETG, but you have to let it cool before taking the part off, otherwise the glass comes with it... I do have a feeling my dehydrator may not be as hot as i need it though.

Once I dry a roll, I put the roll back in the plastic bag it came in and then that bag in a vacuum bag (from the $1 store or ebay) close it and suck the air out with the vacuum. This is how I store the roll until it is needed again.. remove it from the printer when the last job of the day is done and seal it up.. The reason for the double bag is that when you vacuum the bag down, any sharp edge will cause a leak. putting the roll in the bag it came in and then the vacuum bag makes the vacuum bag las longer.. I don't really do much drying of PETG with this process.. as it stays dry as long as I put it away when not in use.
    Last edited by airscapes; 07-22-2021 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Student
    That's a great way to do it. I'm working on a spool holder dry box that i can load with dry filament and forget about... I will post it here and on thingiverse once it's done.

Technologist
    I went and built a "drying box". made with a airtight water proof tote, a reptile heater, and some printed parts to support the filament along with temp/humid sensor. After 48 hours the 4 clip lid has been secured, 84 degrees and 44%humidity. The humidity sensor next to my computer reads 51% humidity. I think if I want to get down lower I need a dehydrator

Technologist
    probly 3/4 single sheet paper

Student
    I was thinking of some kind of box so I could keep all my filament together, but I don't have room to mount it. The filament container I'm making resembles a bobbin holder on a sewing machine, or a weed Wacker spool, and takes advantage of the spool rod being significantly smaller than the spool.

Technologist
    This is where I got idea for my dryer box https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTTQqqWIWA&t=6s mine is still in testing stage. there is areptile heater in it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12