Close

Frankenvinci Troubleshooting

Hello all! I'm rather new to the world of 3Dprinting, in fact this is my first post on the forums, so thank you for reading my post for help! I'm following Techmonkey's guide to converting a failing XYZ Printer into a RepRap printer through replacing the circuit board with a RAMPS 1.4 and Arduino Mega along with using custom Marlin firmware he has written for his printer (which he provides). The programs he says need to be used to print are Cura and Pronterface. Unlike him however, I am working on a XYZ DaVinci 2.0 DUO while his article is on a XYZ DaVinci 1.0. The guide is this link: https://www.techmonkeybusiness.com/a...nkenvinci.html Now, I'm pretty sure I've followed all his steps for replacing the hardware accurately (only things I didn't do were replace the optical endstops with mechanical ones or replace the thermistor for the bed) and the board does seem to turn on. I've also downloaded his edited marlin software package (which he links in his guide) and uploaded it to the Arduino and it seems to have gone in fine. I've set up Cura to take a Custom FFF printer according to the specifications of my printer (I believe what I put in is accurate), and finally am aiming to try and print something. Just when I think I have it all worked out (Benchy sliced and saved from Cura, then opened in Pronterface)... then well this is where I'm stuck. Pronterface seems to not connect to my printer unless the printer is off and the RAMPS 1.4 + Arduino are plugged into my computer. Then it displays this wall of text on the righthand side (first image). If I try connecting the printer with the printer switched on along with the RAMPS 1.4 + Arduino plugged into my computer, it just says "connecting..." and nothing else happens (second image). I can switch the printer on after I have connected when it's off, but even so, pressing 'print' shows nothing happening with the printer, while the software claims it is printing. Also, when I have the boards connected to the computer but the printer off, a red light on the Arduino is on and the RAMPS board does blink yellow, when its connected to Arduino IDE or Pronterface (Third image shows red light behind RAMPS board from the Arduino). When I switch the printer on, the RAMPS yellow light goes away and the Arduino red light seems to get brighter (Fourth image shows red light shining brighter behind RAMPS board from Arduino). Perhaps I've messed up earlier, or I'm missing something obvious, but I'm just really stuck now. I don't have nearly enough knowledge to work out what's going wrong, but hopefully someone more intelligent than me here will be my knight in armour!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you contacted the manufacturer's technical support?