Close

Problem with fank

Hello!I have had my Creality CR10S-Pro about 2 tas by now. It has functioned well. Some filament jams only. I still consider myself a beginner though ?After a jam a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the fan pointing at the nozzle (fan2, placed on the right sid) wasn’t running.I bought a new fan, tested it was working before installing it to the machine. When starting the machine I found that the new fan didn’t run. Fan #1 was running)I checked the wiring , which seems to be ok.Since there are separate cables to fan1 and fan2, are they not supposed to ran at different times?I would be greatful for any help and /or tips how to solve this problem..Best regardsBo Enell

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The fan blowing just below the nozzle is a part cooling or layer fan. They get called both. This fan comes on and turns off at specific times when commanded by the Gcode(slicer) to help with overhangs or bridging n stuff. IF this fan is blowing air directly on your nozzle this might well be the cause of your jams as it might be cooling the filament in the nozzle to a point where it wont flow.

Thankyou very much for your information.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what i do if using two part cooling fans. Is to wire both fans into the same socket.
    The power drain on fans is minimal so no issue running 2 fans from one socket.

If you have two fan sockets - then odds are one is NOT a part cooling fan socket. Which is probably why it doesn't come on.