Close

Hybrid View

Best 3D Software to Print Recently Purchased 3D Models

Hi, blender is giving me a headache. I purchased a model of a woman from CGTrader, and I want to scale her down to a particular centimeter. However, blender is not intuitive enough to make this easy. Is there a program where I can upload this model, and scale her at exact inch or centimeter size, with ease?

Staff Engineer
    A number of programs (free) are "out there" that are easier to use than blender. Your slicer should be able to scale the model as you require. What slicer are you using?
    If you still require an external program, Meshmixer (multi-platform, free) will perform scaling (Edit, Transform). Tinkercad (web based, free) will do the same, but you may lose some quality upon export. From here, the programs get a bit more complex.

I have an elegoo mars pro, but I'm not sure if I have a slicer...nor do I know what a slice is. lol

Staff Engineer
    The slicer is the program into which you load the model, position it, modify it, etc., then create the file to send to the printer. Once you identify the name of the software, you can type into your search engine 'slicer name' "scale object" to find descriptions of how to adjust size. When you find this information, ensure to check for terms such as proportional or to check that all axes are selected for scale change. If, for example, you selected only the z-axis and changed the size to 20 percent, you'd have a print that is one-fifth original height, but just as wide and deep as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    The slicer is the program into which you load the model, position it, modify it, etc., then create the file to send to the printer. Once you identify the name of the software, you can type into your search engine 'slicer name' "scale object" to find descriptions of how to adjust size. When you find this information, ensure to check for terms such as proportional or to check that all axes are selected for scale change. If, for example, you selected only the z-axis and changed the size to 20 percent, you'd have a print that is one-fifth original height, but just as wide and deep as the original.
    Thank you fred, I appreciate your help.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    in your case it's probably chitubox
    https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free

All slicers let you resize models, and often let you do a lot more besides.