Close

Thingy Bot 3D Printer

Here is a new 3D printer which recently launched on Kickstarter, seeking $15,000. The printer is made with an all aluminum casing and has a decent build volume for it's Kickstarter price of just $699. The thingy Bot will feature the following specs:

• Print Tech: Fused Deposition Modeling
    • Print Materials: PLA and ABS
    • Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
    • Layer Height: 0.1mm
    • Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
    • Build Size: 8" x 8" x 8"

More details on this printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10868/thingy-bot-3d-printer/ . Below is a picture of the Thingy Bot 3D Printer. Let us know if you have decided to back the campaign.

Engineer-in-Training
    He obviously put his heart into this.

The video didn't need to mention food filament. I think the vague dissucssions of the future of 3D printing only serve to distract from the product at hand.

A 3D printer kickstarter should show the 3D printer in motion, building parts. A time lapse of said printer in operation is best. Nine and a half minutes about the promise of 3D printing needed clips showing your design can build parts. Static parts already made are nice, but doesn't show your machine making those parts.

I think the second prototype should have been built before doing a Kickstarter.

I'm curious about the design, but I can't tell anything about it from the given media.