Close

Custom Printer loosely based on AnetA8 issues after firmware flash - not extruding at

Hey there,

After a longer Pause i reactivated my Printer again, printed some parts for a Rebuild (worked good), had some Issues (not so good) and since i wanted PIDTEMPBED defined i had to flash a new Firmware, unfortunately i didnt have an uncompiled customized by me version left (Skynet)

So i flashed Marlin(1.1.x) onto The Anet Board that once was part of the AnetA8 Kit, worked fine, i think i got all Settings roughly as they were yesterday, Bed Leveling worked fine with my Capacitive Probe, Movements all in the right directions, Endstops work all good and after PID autotune for the Bed the Temp stays rock solid.

Today i wanted to print the Next Part in the List, started the printer, inserted the SD Card, Heating, G29, Hotend Moves to the middle aaand... nothing. Or at least almost nothing. Hotend sat there, nothing extrudes. After a Couple seconds the tiniest Movement (towards Y-) and complete standstill again.

Connected via Pronterface, not able to extrude or reverse there either.

What did i observe:

- Printer Powers on with all Motors being powered on, no Movement by hand possible. Not how it was with Skynet but possibly totally fine.
    (while "pretending to print" i was able to move x & y by hand then, so is this it? where can i swap that? but homing and all went fine?)

All in all i am very confused, something prevents extruding from happening and something notices that and doesnt advance the gcode/movement yet the LCD doesnt say anything unusual.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

Solution:
    configuration.h

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
    // :{ 0:'Low', 1:'High' }
    #define X_ENABLE_ON 0
    #define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
    #define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
    #define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders <---------------------- This from 1 to 0

What threw me off was that i wasnt able to disable ANY stepper with M18/M84, didnt do anything, still only the Extruder was wrong
    Last edited by Vertiqo; 05-23-2021 at 08:06 AM.