Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In case it’s a case of me needing to replace the entire hot end assembly…. Do I need to order a specific one or is there an after market one that fits my model that I can swap to? Anyone know of the top of their heads a good go to one that will fit my model?

Thanks!

Side note… after giving this some thought, while replacing the PTFE tube and nozzle a couple of times I’ve always had the PTFE tube go INTO the nozzle. Like, st least 1-2mm of the PTFE tube goes inside the actually nozzle. When I attach the nozzle to the hot end I’m not 100% sure how much actually stays inside of there when I tighten down the nozzle. But should any amount of the tube be inside the nozzle or is the tube more of a guide to move the filament to the right direction ?

I guess my question is more… should the filament be melted inside the tube, or inside the nozzle? Because if it’s not supposed to be melted in the tube, but it’s inside the nozzle and the filament is being melted in the tube this would account for a build up to happen because the tube is absolutely getting hotter than it should and the filament would continue to heat up higher up as the time goes further.

In case it matters / help. Here is what my PTFE tube ends up looking like everytime this happens.

IMG_2197.jpg

Update..3.0?I've been in contact with Qidi through out this 2 month process but I uploaded the new part failing to them and they concurred that this is the issue. They are sending me all-metal replacement hot ends to use.So hopefully this fixes my issues! Will update further when it arrives/tested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12