Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Noob here, just got a flying bear ghost 5, and can't seem to level the board correctl

Just got the printers and followed the (very poorly explained) videos, but not matter what, i spent 4 hours fiddling with that piece of paper, this is the best result i got off the example level board 3d print test.

any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

anyone? or i have to ask for a refund

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well you only waited 2 hours.
    Not sure you have the patience for 3d printing :-)

But essentially the print nozzle is too far from the bed.

You either need a thinner piece of paper or need to adjust the z axis offset in the slicer.

basically the print nozzle needs to be closer to the printbed.
    Looking at the bead I'd say 0.15-0.2 mm closer should do it for a decent adhesion.

Assuming you haven't sent it back yet ;-)

I haven't sent it back yet, because i managed to get some modicum of calibration.

almost

https://imgur.com/a/5Stu2SI

i printed the nut and bolt example and seems to be printed out very nicely though

cool :-)

You'll find that getting a good first layer down effect the rest of the print as well.

The enterprise looks okay - did you use supports with it ?

Trying to work out why the top isn't round.

Ah thanks, yes i used supports. I don't know why the top came out like a potato Crisp, wouldn't know where to check

maybe use denser supports, it looks like the filament sagged in the gaps between the support posts.

What temp did you print it at and with what filament ?
    And what speed ?

the nut and bolt is a great test print.

If you reduce the size of the bolt by 1-2 % and increase the nut by the same amount, you can get a really smooth spinning nut.

I gave a mate a couple, one spun really smooth and the other - while looking identical, did not spin as smooth.

So he would bet his kids that he could spin the nut all the way to the top of the bolt in one go and that they couldn't.
    He used the loose nut and palmed it before giving his kids the tighter nut :-)

Needless to say, he won every bet :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-27-2021 at 09:22 AM.

What temp did you print it at and with what filament ?
    And what speed ?
    100% speed, 100 c degrees pla, the baasic, cheap one i found inside the box

the nut and bolt spin perfectly smooth. it wasn't touched at all by cura, so the gcode was probably set to print at the best quality

hmm - okay you need to learn what the slicer is actually doing.

pla prints best between 195 and 215c
    Definitely not 100 c :-)

Likewise you need to know what speed things are actually printing at in mm/s.
    Different models and types of plastic need and work best with different speeds, temperatures and layer heights.

It's better if you know the actual details as pre-set profiles, rarely work as well and all printing environments and machines are all slightly different.
    So fine tuning any profile to your specific printer and material is always going to produce better prints :-)

So always use 'advanced' mode with a slicer.
    It's not advanced, it just shows you the actual settings you need to know :-)

just tried to print an empty cylinder, again warped/undulated. i am really prone to give up, forums and reddit keeps sayign "YoU AHVE To FRIX tH Z AxiS Hurr DuRR" but without telling me where and HOW, it just adds to the frustration

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast