Close

Threaded View

Question Best Dry box implementation for direct drive printers

I want to build a dry box for my Tenlog TL-D3 Pro direct drive printer especially to help manage the moisture sensitivity of my PVA filaments during lengthy prints with dissolvable supports. I suspect this task is somewhat more straightforward in closed bowden tube printers where the inclusion of a dry box for the spools may mean the desiccant system has to do very light duty work to maintain the arid conditions over the entire filament. For my printer, however I am concerned about the constant exposure of the long segment leading into the extruder and the air exchange where the naked filament would exit the dry box. Has anybody had success enclosing some of a direct drive printer's filament path in tubing or is this effort doomed to interfere with the operation of the printer? I really don't want to rely entirely on attempting to bake or dehydrate the filaments after every print, especially if there is a chance of a print being long enough and the ambient humidity being high enough to spoil the the PVA before the print can even complete.
    Last edited by minneapolis-matt; 05-15-2021 at 10:48 AM.