Close

Engineer-in-Training

Sapphire Pro Thermistor

Hi I have posted this in the hardware thread as well but I am losing the will to live with this problem. I have had a Sapphire for about 3 weeks and it has give me intermittent almost from the beginning which I traced to a faulty wire to the Extruder thermistor. I changed it for one I got that looked the same and fitted it but now I don't think I am getting the correct temperatures because now though the front panel display shows the temperature I have set I get missive under extrusion and poor inter layer adhesion. I have checker for blockages in the filament feed. Does anybody know what thermistor is correct and a source for one?Cheers Gambo

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    HT-NTC100K Thermistor
    According to this replacement on alixpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000852409068.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Printer-The...&rps=1&sr=8-14

And as usual it's cheaper to buy three than one.
    I'm really not sure the chinese actually understand the economy of scale.

The number of times I just want to buy one thing and it works out cheaper to buy 5 is crazy.

0.5mm nozzles a classic example, I wanted 2.
    Buying just 2 0.5mms was about £12.
    Buying an assortment of nozzle sizes to the tune of 20 nozzles (2 of each size) and some other random bits and peices - was £2 cheaper.
    Utterly mental.

Same with heatblocks. Wanted one heatblock.
    Ended up with 5 blocks, 5 metal threaded throats and another 20 bloody nozzles and some random bits of tubing that always seem to be thrown into the packets.

Also - going back to the actual topic: this is what it says in the configuration file:
    #1: 100k thermistor£»-3 : thermocouple with MAX31855
    Which would seem to match both links :-)

I'll buy a spare off you - already buggered up an endstop when i modded the extruder.
    Spares are never wasted lol
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-12-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yup CA you are right as usual

Engineer-in-Training
    Latest on my Sapphire plus. I obtained a replacement thermistor thanks to CA's sleuthing which solved my problems but unfortunately I had in the meantime I had corrupted my copy of Cura config file so it was massively under extruding which caused more problems. Once that was put right at last Saffy is performing well.

I still have an intermittent problem but have I think located it and will fix it next time I dismantle the extruder !! Now thinking about converting to direct drive extrusion to reduce string and blobbing on some of the odd materials I use.

So all I hope is well I originally said I wanted a tool not a project - but I got a project!! now I have brilliant tool I can now print reliably in polyacetal which had completely defeated me before.

So one happy Bunny (for now).

Technologist
    Polyacetal? As in Pom/Delrin? Definitely write up how you go. Very interested.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi Martin_au
    Yes polyacetal most commonly called Delrin ( actually a trade name for one version ) is POM Poly Oxy Methylene I struggled with it a year ago and failed in a big way to get to work within the capability of an Ender 3 pro mostly bed temperature, I will start a nother thread if you think it useful go into the full and gory details.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    we do get a few regular enquiries about printing pom - so yes, any information you can give would be helpful :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    In that case I'll start a new thread in the next few days with all I know should fill about 1/2 an inch