Close

Threaded View

Unhappy Help! noob in over his head with new ("used") Tenlog TL-D3-pro setup :-(

I've taken all day to try to see if my "new" Tenlog TL-D3-Pro 3d printer ("acceptable" condition as rated by and sold by Amazon warehouse) is setup correctly, let alone works adequately.

So far the only damage I've been able to identify was a rip in the manual, and a scary looking chip on the corner of the glass plate pictured below. Of course until I can get it functioning this does not rule out further undiscovered damage.

20210503_102644.jpg

I'm stumped at leveling however. The video is quite clear, but when I go to the first corner the nozzle contacts the sheet and the glass alarmingly firmly and when as directed I loosen the wheel, the wheel falls off without breaking contact. In fact even loosening all of the wheels until they fall off fails to breaks firm contact with the surface. I figured the instructions and the video probably omitted to tell me I had to set the z-height first so I found an option for that, but unfortunately moving the z axis up even a single tap moves creates a gap of about a centimeter between the nozzle and the plate that i don't seem to have any hope of closing by adjusting the wheels.

So am I missing something?

I do note that when I chose the leveling option or if I choose the homing option the printer makes a gawdawful loud jackhammer noise when the extruder hits the left side limit and I know this printer has a reputation for being quiet. Is there something else I am missing? I really don't want to wreck this before I can even test it.

thanks for any help!

20210503_142252.jpg

For the record I have a better location set aside for it. I just needed to troubleshoot it close to the desktop.
    Last edited by minneapolis-matt; 05-03-2021 at 04:09 PM.