Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Student
    This milwaukee part will be cut few mm below "red parts",
    Attachment 16335
    and connected to other brand batteries
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-2 o 16.05.28.jpg
    what finally give me something like this
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-2 o 16.08.00.jpg

The point is I have few new milwaukee tools and one milwaukee battery, while I have a dozen or so other brand batteries. So this top part (milwaukee) should work like original or very similar.

Staff Engineer
    I've posted to reddit looking for a solution to the "tunnel" question, but so far there has been no response. I'm a bit disappointed, but it could be that it's the weekend and perhaps suitable answers will appear when people return to work on Monday. I suspect that once the tunnel problem is solved, I'll have to join the fore and aft sections with an additional block, use that to cut a new channel through from front to rear (which will automatically create the tunnel) and then split the joined sections to allow for springs to be inserted and to allow for travel left and right.

Student
    I've found how m18 battery looks inside

https://youtu.be/cawrRuSCoVY?t=180

Staff Engineer
    That was an enlightening video. I'm amused at the spring sound as the top is removed. It sounds like "it's going to be difficult to put those springs back together!" Perhaps not. You have the advantage that you don't need the lower part and the clearance shown in the video. That means the two moving parts can be split into four and then rejoined to form something that works the same way as that shown in the video.

Student
    Found more

Staff Engineer
    I'd forgotten about this "project" as other, higher priority matters have recently arisen. Did you find any engineering drawings to go along with that beautifully exploded part image collection?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I'd forgotten about this "project" as other, higher priority matters have recently arisen. Did you find any engineering drawings to go along with that beautifully exploded part image collection?
    Unfortunately no

Student
    fred_dot_u, do you have any progress?

Staff Engineer
    unfortunately no but I am feeling better and may be able to proceed in the next day or two

Staff Engineer

Reached a limit in progressing

Partly due to my limited skills and other health-related factors, I think I've gotten as far along on this project as I can get.

The body is a single piece, with a "gate" to allow the joined button/latch assemblies to pass through. The button/latch assemblies have been cut in such a way to leave 8 mm between the faces. You should be able to create recesses for springs, which is the expected action for the buttons on a battery pack.

It's important to note that these cuts are zero clearance. This means that if you print them as-is and your printer is precise, there will be no clearance between moving parts. Typically, a 3D printer creates objects just slightly larger than the model, which means they won't fit unless modified from this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast