Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll send you the archicad file, but I can also send rhino?

I don't know, because I mainly work on terrain with tools that function on the same method as boolean.

Technologist
    Well, you can send Rhino files as well if you like, but I'll probably work from the Archicad file. More options is always better though.

Here, I sent it. Praying for the eureka moment good luck and thanks.

Technologist
    I've been trying all sorts of things with this file using Rhino, Meshmixer, 3D Reshaper and a few others. The nearest I've managed to get is a file that is 'watertight', but it also isn't. There's still issues doing the final booleans to merge everything together, and even then, there's still tiny gaps through the model that prevent the use of a boolean operation to fill in the big gaps underneath.

The only solution I see to make it properly suitable for 3D printing is to recreate the surfaces manually in a solid modelling program (I'd use Rhino). The other option would be a very good shrinkwrap routine, but I haven't found one of them yet.

Are you not considering getting the right equipment instead of inventing some weird stuff?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    inventing weird stuff is often both Cheaper and faster :-)

Technologist
    Ok. May have an idea which can get this type of file printable. The issue with the file is non-manifold surfaces embedded within walls, underground, etc. However, the land/feature surface of the file is correct.

The idea I've had, and begun testing is to texture the surfaces of the model with a high resolution texture – something with lots of pattern on it and no large plain areas. Then, rotate the model in perspective view and screengrab the images at a high resolution. Finally, run those images through photogrammetry software. This will reconstruct the visible surface and make a waterproof surface, whie avoiding all the non-manifold surfaces embedded in the model.

Student
    Handing over work about archaeological monuments is not so easy - you need to study a lot of literature. My hardest job was writing a scholarship essay. I started looking for information on the Internet and found a https://edubirdie.com/scholarship-essay-writing-service where popular authors will write a qualitative scholarship essay for you. I really wanted to receive financial assistance, so I immediately contacted the service and ordered my work. You have an interesting project, I hope you got the highest score for it.
    Last edited by StacyPuckett; 09-01-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12