Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Need help with big terrain print

Dear Forum, I am in desperate need of assistance. Earlier this year I purchased my first 3d printer - cr10-max, and on it added new bondtech extruder and micro swiss all metal hotend. I have purchased this big volume of 3d printer because I need the printer for architecture models, primarily of terrain.I tried to print a terrain with layer of archeology in it and one two storey house in order to benchmark it. Could you help me tweak the settings in order to get the perfect print. The printer ran into issues with printing the house, and it struggled a lot with archeology remains.I use prusa slicer.SETTINGS:postavke.jpgDuring printing: I noticed that I should use different infill pattern, maybe honeycomb?6.jpgFinished print: The overall print time was supposed to be about 15 hours, but I went to sleep before it was finished and when I woke up I realized it had stopped printing at about 80% because the fillament stopped adhering to the model, so the print is unfinished.finished results.jpgThank you in advance. Best regards, Fiftyseven

higher quality images:
    print:

https://ibb.co/vJZHWRw

settings:

https://ibb.co/hRK30CV

anyone? Please I am still struggling with this issue.

Technologist
    Saw this thread. Meant to reply. Lost it again. A couple of candidates. With regard to the house, retraction, as you noted is a likely issue. An issue with the sltl file itself is also a candidate. The archaeology issue may simply be that the features are too small. If you can get the file to me I'll load it up in my PrusaSlicer and have a play.

Great looking site, BTW. Your project?

Yeah, its my project(existing sites, I will be placing my intervention on the printed models...). I am doing a master thesis on archeology sites, so I will be printing like a dozen of these sites - so it's really important for me to find the perfect settings.

Technologist
    Looks like most of the issue is the STL file itself. Lots of non-manifold edges and other issues. What's the original file in? Sketchup? Is this stl a direct export from that program?

So everything is okay with the settings?

Yeah, I do not know how to exactly fix the 3d model, I modelled it in bim program(archicad). I do not exactly know what are you reffering exactly to? because I was very satisfied with the terrain print, so the only real problem is the archeology walls I presume? Is there any shortcut way of fixing this, or do I need to remodel the whole thing? Although i wouldnt really know how to model it diferently..

But basically you think there is nothing wrong with the settings, the only thing that is causing issues is the model itself?

Technologist
    Bit of both really. There's certainly an opportunity to make the print better through settings, but we probably need to fix the .stl first, otherwise, even if we get this one to be printable, the next one might be unusable.I'll take a look at archicad and get back to you. I have a few ideas.

Ok thank you very much, If you need the archicad file I can send that instead. I would really like to know for the future prints what to change in modeling

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by FiftySeven View Post
    Ok thank you very much, If you need the archicad file I can send that instead. I would really like to know for the future prints what to change in modeling
    Send it through. I'll see what Rhino can do with it. Failing that I've got a suite of other tools that may be able to do something.

With regard to the modelling, I think the most difficult thing with the file is the non-manifold faces. These occur where you have meshes or solids with any edge shared by more than two faces. Maybe read up on that and see if it's something that can be easily resolved in future modelling work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast