Close

Issue seeing files on SD card on Ender 5 Plus

I want to start of by saying I am new to 3d Printing, and have come across an issue. The first time I printed something was today. the first thing I printed was a 200X 200 test pattern that I resized to 300X300. i then Printed a Benchy and my first attempt did not stay stuck to the bed, but my second one came out great. I then wanted to print a XYZ calibration cube, and here is where I had an issue. I sliced it using Cura 4.9 and transferred it to a SD card but when I inserted it into my printer, it could not find the file on the card. because the same card was used to print the Benchy, I thought that maybe the file I downloaded from Thingiverse had a problem. I decided to try to print something else and decided on a Covid Tool from Thingiverse, and sliced and added it to the same card, inserted it into the printer and selected it for printing. No here is the issue: Even though I selected the Covid Tool File, and the printer said it was printing the Covid Tool on its display, it printed the XYZ Calibration Cube. Has anyone seen this issue?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    With the cheaper chinese machines the sd cards are total junk.
    So it's probably the card.
    Can't see creality coughing up for an actual branded card, it'll probably be a nasty clone of some kind.

Get a cheap but branded 4 or 8 gb card from amazon. I like sandisk. Never had a duff sandisk product.

It might also be the card reader - but the odds are good it's just a crappy sd card.
    The boards and screen creality use are decent.

Thanks for the reply, I am not using the card or caddy they gave me with the printer, tried multiple cards as well, could be the reader on the motherboard. am getting a silent board on Wed, hopefully the new board doesn't have the same problem.

found the solution, got any card working. it is the file name lenght that is stopping the printer from reading the name. Once you shorten the name, it works fine

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    weird - never had that.
    But never had a creality machine either :-)

glad you got it sorted though :-)