Hi guys, I've got a bit of a weird one here which I was hoping you knowledgeable folk might be able to help with. I'm certainly not tech savvy enough to know whats going on even after substantial Googling! The issue is that I have put a stepper dampener on my Y-Axis which has done a good job in reducing the noise of travel moves along the Y-Axis. It has however created an issue which I certainly can't understand as nothing has changed on the printer beyond belt tension and a stepper dampener. My problem is now that when I press home on the printers LCD screen or via Cura the X and Z axis home correctly, but the Y travels in seemingly the wrong direction. The Y travels away from the Y-Axis end stop and hits the front of the printer by the LCD screen repeatedly, making a bit of a racket from the vibrations until I press the Y-Axis end stop on the other side of the printer. The bed then comes to rest on the wrong side of the printer.

I've seen from Googling that I can reverse the direction of the stepper motors travel either via Firmware (which I'm not sure how I would go about editing) or via the stepper motors wiring itself, by flipping the poles around. I haven't been willing to try this yet as I'm not particularly savvy with electronics (or anything like this!) and don't want to fry my board or my house - the landlord might not be pleased with that, and my girlfriend would be mildly dissapointed!

My questions would be, how do I fix it? I am willing to give the wiring a go if you think it will help, but I'm a little unsure how the stepper motor can now be travelling in the wrong direction when all I have done is put a stepper dampener on it, and re-install it back exactly as it was before. The wires for the stepper motor are shaped so they only fit in one way, which means I can't have flipped the connector upside down accidentally, and the alignment of the stepper motor is the same as it was before the dampener was installed. I have touched no other wires other than those of the stepper motor itself.

Any ideas what might have happened and/or how to fix it? My printer is an Aldi Balco Touch (UK version of the Monoprice Maker / Cocoon Create / Wanhao i3 Plus).

Cheers, any help would be great! I can upload videos and pictures if required.