Close

Steve Wozniak and Others 3D Printed For the Blind

Steve Wozniak, Apple's Co-founder, and several others have agreed to be photographed and then 3D printed by a Lithuania group. The 3D prints are being used for a traveling exhibition for the visually impaired. What they hope to do is enable the blind to better understand the world around them by 3D printing people and places which they know of. More details on this initiative can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10670/wozniak-3d-print-blind/

Let's hear your thoughts on this method of allowing the visually impaired to better interact and understand the world they are living in, via 3D printing. Check out the 3D print of Wozniak and others below:

Student
    This is phenomenal! 3D printing has many possible applications for the visually impaired.

Red face Where find these printers for our 8 yr old blind daughter w/ severe heart disease?

Hello!

We hope this finds you all happy and healthy!

This is such an EXCITING article for our daughter! You stated it so well! She misses out on 95% of life (no eyeballs and severe heart disease).

As a father I must try every avenue to bring some learning and understanding and fun into her life.

Can you PLEASE help me find a way to provide what your article details here, a printer for Audrey so she can better understand and enjoy her life please?

What do I need to do? Write to Mr. Wozniak or someone else?

My e mail is

scotlandforever7@sbcglobal.net

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

KInd Regards,

Jim Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Steve Wozniak, Apple's Co-founder, and several others have agreed to be photographed and then 3D printed by a Lithuania group. The 3D prints are being used for a traveling exhibition for the visually impaired. What they hope to do is enable the blind to better understand the world around them by 3D printing people and places which they know of. More details on this initiative can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10670/wozniak-3d-print-blind/

Let's hear your thoughts on this method of allowing the visually impaired to better interact and understand the world they are living in, via 3D printing. Check out the 3D print of Wozniak and others below:

Thats great. They will help blind people to feel what people actually look like without having to actually put their hands over their faces!

Perhaps they should make a special 3D printed head museum for blind people to feel their way through the famous heads of the past.

Just an idea I'm throwing out there.