Close

Ender 3 pro printing with tpu (ideas?)

Hey there! New to the community and glad to be here!Was wondering if any of you had ideas on how something like this case could be printed?Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 7.32.13 PM.jpgIt does have overhangs and pieces that in PLA would require supports.Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 7.32.26 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-04-13 at 7.32.33 PM.jpgNot sure it's even possible but I'd like to hear your thoughts! I've been printing it with the face side down currently but I'm still running into issues at the areas where support would normally be required.

Engineer-in-Training
    Simple answer without support on a fdm printer you can't print it in one piece redesign it to be printed in 3 or 4 parts. print the front and back lying on their inside surface. then the rim in eiter 1 or 2 pieces. Design a ridge on the edge of the front and back to register the side piece and use a 3M plastic superglue to assemble.A lot of hassle alternative GIVE UP !!!
    Last edited by Gambo; 04-20-2021 at 07:16 AM. Reason: addition

Engineer-in-Training
    PS
    You could print the fromn and the back and a living hinge at the same time which would make it a little easier