Close

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hi guys, just new here, interesting information.
    I have a specific problem with my new FF and cannot seem to find a solution. It worked perfectly yesterday but today the printer, not the software, keeps telling me there is only one extruder!

It will do so in any mode(with usb or without). So now what? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hi guys, just new here, interesting information.
    I have a specific problem with my new FF and cannot seem to find a solution. It worked perfectly yesterday but today the printer, not the software, keeps telling me there is only one extruder!

It will do so in any mode(with usb or without). So now what? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I would say it's either a loose connection from the machine wobbling or simply from transit. I had a broken pulley mount when I got mine delivered, they do take a beating. There is quite a few connections that are held in place with flat head screws,
    so you may just need to tighten something - failing that i'd be getting a multimeter out.

So, the first thing you want to do is open the bottom of the machine.

Of course, unplug first I don't want to hear you got zapped because I told you to open your machine...

Turn your machine on its side.

Undo the 1 screws and slide the bottom plate off, it's really simple.

Ok, now look at the next pic, you will see the ones highlighted.

I am not sure which side is which, they are just marked 1 and 2, but it doesn't take much to figure it out, disconnect one and see if yours says one extruder, and if it says none, then you know you need to work on the other side

I highly doubt you have an electronic fault. These machines have a good construction quality compared to other makerbot clones I've seen, and have not yet heard of a bad board, but hey there is a first time for everything so don't quote me on that.

Hopefully by tracing those wires coming from the extruder head you can sort it out - if it's saying no extruder, then it's possible the stepper just isnt connected properly. Check the plugs at the top of the machine also, the ones going into the stepper motor and make sure they are in properly.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-11-2014 at 04:27 AM.

I recently bought a flashforge creator dual extruder a few days ago. And i love it..I am 3d modeller aswell so i make my own things. However I am really learning from your posts.

I need help with one thing. I printed 2 object with the left nozzle but now the machine gives an error and cannot sence the left nozzle. the right nozzle prints fine. but when ever i give any command for the left nozzle the machine says that It cannot take commands for a left nozzle as it only has one. Any idea what could have caused this? thanx Geoff

I have the same exact problem.....It wont take any commands for the left nozzle...keeps saying it only has one nozzle.....Its really annoying me now..i cant seem to fix it

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahad View Post
    I have the same exact problem.....It wont take any commands for the left nozzle...keeps saying it only has one nozzle.....Its really annoying me now..i cant seem to fix it
    Can you let us know what steps you have taken already to try and fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Can you let us know what steps you have taken already to try and fix it?

I fixed it. you need to go in the "info & settings" menu on the printer and then go to "Tool count" now change the tool count from single to "DUAL"

problem solved.

this usually happens when you update or change the firmware.

I recently got my Flashforge printer, and just barely got it running. However, a small kink in the filament spool caused the printer to stop printing because no more material was being pulled through the guide tube. I removed the filament, but when I attempted to reload the material, I received the aforementioned clicking noise. I looked into the feed hole with a flashlight, and I can see that some of the ABS is still inside the device. I assume that the head kept pulling material when the filament became stuck, tearing off a small piece within the head.
    As suggested, I tried raising the preheat temperature and forcing the material in, but with no positive results. I am prepared to take things apart and try to clean it out as the thread reccomends, but before I try that, I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions!

Thanks, Elijah

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    TBH I am still having similar ongoing issues from bad filament leaving foreign particles in my nozzles from faulty filament ordered from flashforge...

Right now their #1 fan has dropped to the bottom of the list I simply can't afford another replacement extruder and Flashforge should be sending me a new nozzle but it seems no one had the notion to realize this filament can cause all sorts of issues, and since they supplied it they should be responsible for the damage it did to my machine. Sending me a replacement roll of plastic doesn't fix my machine. But, if they send me a new nozzle, they have to admit fault, so I understand why they don't want to admit it damaged the machine. They replaced the filament that caused the damage but too late, in printing examples to prove what the bad filament was like, it killed my other nozzle.

The worst part? no 'thanks, sorry you killed your machine trying to show us how bad our product was" the whole thing just got ignored and swept under the rug and a new spool sent out.

If 10,000 people have seen this thread, hopefully that's 10,000 people I can save from buying poor quality filament.

Right now my printer is running on one nozzle, and pretty badly I have to say, I will probably remove the other extruder as it's no good now.

So yeah, sorry have my own problems to fix at the moment.. and if this continues I'll be going for a new machine. The duplicator 4X looks like a good buy right now.

Please look at the picture for reference

DO NOT USE FLASHFORGE FILAMENT THAT EXTRUDES LIKE THIS. YOUR MACHINE WILL DIE.

in fact, right now I do not recommend buying any filament off Flashforge. There are many other suppliers, do yourself a favour.

image (1).jpg

See that gold coloured stuff? that is like epoxy resin - it goes in your nozzle and doesn't come out.
    Last edited by Geoff; 05-31-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

i have a flashforge creator x, is their a way to change bed temperature while printing? especially while printing ABS it suggested to start with higher temperature and reduce it after a couple layers.but i cant find a way to do this

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by yannickchapados View Post
    i have a flashforge creator x, is their a way to change bed temperature while printing? especially while printing ABS it suggested to start with higher temperature and reduce it after a couple layers.but i cant find a way to do this
    Sure, I created a new thread since it might be helpful for a few people..

http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...ashForge-Forum
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast