Close

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmagnet13 View Post
    As I was disassembling my extruder, I seemed to have lost both of the small spacers. Are these important for printing? If so does anyone know what size they are?
    A quick update - I measured the piece that I have yet to reinstall (the brass is still in there!) and it is 9mm long, 7mm in diameter with a 3mm hole in the center.
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bodnar View Post
    I also lost one when working on my extruder - the spacer is important as it allows you to tighten the bolt that holds the fan without distorting it. I made a replacement from a piece of brass tubing - It is about 10mm long. Any diameter will work so long as it fits the bolt.

Of course, I found the missing part after reassembly!

Good luck!

dave
    Thanks for the advice!
    After I posted the message, I continued to look deeper and found that one of them had fallen into the bottom of the printer. When I went to retrieve it, it seemed there was another one the same size being used to hold on the board for the buttons, so I replaced that one with a hand-cut one and took the exact match, that way I knew it would work.
    Now I'm just having troubles reassembling it... The screws don't seem to want to go back into the stepper motor...

Thanks for the advice!
    After I posted the message, I continued to look deeper and found that one of them had fallen into the bottom of the printer. When I went to retrieve it, it seemed there was another one the same size being used to hold on the board for the buttons, so I replaced that one with a hand-cut one and took the exact match, that way I knew it would work.
    Now I'm just having troubles reassembling it... The screws don't seem to want to go back into the stepper motor...
    It is a bit tricky to get the screws into the stepper motors - pull the fan & heat sink back a bit to get the threaded hole in the motor visible - once you get one in the other is a snap.

dave

It is a bit tricky to get the screws into the stepper motors - pull the fan & heat sink back a bit to get the threaded hole in the motor visible - once you get one in the other is a snap.

dave
    Thanks again!
    I got it all put back together but may have to take it apart again.
    The reason I took it apart in the first place was because I had problems printing. I just got PLA for the first time and so I tried printing with it, but far too often the gear stops gripping the filament. Any recommendations? It gets halfway through a print before it stops grabbing hold, which is a bit frustrating.
    Again this is my first time with PLA so I'm really a noob at it hahaha
    Thanks again

Thanks again!
    I got it all put back together but may have to take it apart again.
    The reason I took it apart in the first place was because I had problems printing. I just got PLA for the first time and so I tried printing with it, but far too often the gear stops gripping the filament. Any recommendations? It gets halfway through a print before it stops grabbing hold, which is a bit frustrating.
    Again this is my first time with PLA so I'm really a noob at it hahaha
    Thanks again
    You may want to remove the nozzle (careful! You need to hold the heater still with one wrench as you remove the nozzle or you can twist the temperature sensor wires & break them!) - I had some plastic restricting the small plastic tube that runs through the extruder. Once I cleaned that it prints well with PLA.

dave

You may want to remove the nozzle (careful! You need to hold the heater still with one wrench as you remove the nozzle or you can twist the temperature sensor wires & break them!) - I had some plastic restricting the small plastic tube that runs through the extruder. Once I cleaned that it prints well with PLA.

dave
    I thought I read somewhere you should remove the nozzle when it's heated up to temperature. Is this true? Or can I talk it off cold?
    And how do I clean the nozzle? With ABS I just let it soak in acetone over night, but now this is PLA, and I'm not sure what has the same effect.
    Thanks again for all your help

I'm having problem with forming of circle in the base, it is not making a perfect circle, some parts of the circle have straight print, but only happens on the base. above the base, circular prints becomes perfect. how do I solve this?

I have tried, leveling the build plate for number of times
    tried with raft and without raft
    with and without hairspray.

I thought I read somewhere you should remove the nozzle when it's heated up to temperature. Is this true? Or can I talk it off cold?
    And how do I clean the nozzle? With ABS I just let it soak in acetone over night, but now this is PLA, and I'm not sure what has the same effect.
    Thanks again for all your help
    I believe that I removed mine cold - I cleaned the nozzle by soaking it in acetone then using a fine wire to clean the small hole in the tip.
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by Normen01 View Post
    I'm having problem with forming of circle in the base, it is not making a perfect circle, some parts of the circle have straight print, but only happens on the base. above the base, circular prints becomes perfect. how do I solve this?

I have tried, leveling the build plate for number of times
    tried with raft and without raft
    with and without hairspray.
    What are you printing on and with? I had similar issues with printing on kapton tape, even with ABS, but I added a layer of blue painter's tape and that seems to have solved the issue.

I believe that I removed mine cold - I cleaned the nozzle by soaking it in acetone then using a fine wire to clean the small hole in the tip.
    dave
    Cool, I'll give this a shot today. Thanks again!

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast