Close

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Hello! I went through a couple pages to see if my question was answered but couldn't find it-

my prints keep coming out slightly jagged, they tend to move 1/4" into the print and keep shifting layers as they move up. I've read the issue may be the stepper motor speed...does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Kaya

Quote Originally Posted by katmerka View Post
    Hello! I went through a couple pages to see if my question was answered but couldn't find it-

my prints keep coming out slightly jagged, they tend to move 1/4" into the print and keep shifting layers as they move up. I've read the issue may be the stepper motor speed...does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Kaya
    If you have a glass plate it could be moving or your hot plate is loose. I had that problem and my glass plate was moving.

I recently acquired a Creator, but after setting it up and installing all of the drivers on the provided SD card, (Python 2.6, Psyco 1.6), the printer won't connect to Replicator G. Did i miss something?

Hi All,
    I just picked up a Flashforge creator Pro and am having a nightmarish time trying to level the build plate. The problem is that when I go into the levelling tool in utilities, the build plate goes up far too high and presses into the extruder nozzles denting the kapton tape on the bed.... I have loosened the wing nuts on the bed all the way in an attempt to lower it but the nozzles are still pressing hard into the bed. Is there any way to fix this/adjust the Z offset when leveling?????

Any help is extremely appreciated.

To lower the bed you have to tighten the wingnuts. Loosing the wingnuts raise the bed. Hope this helps you out.

Senior Engineer
    If, when they are fully tight, you still have not got enough clearance then most people stick a bit of plastic on the Z switch behind the table so that it does not go as high before it operates..

Quote Originally Posted by akruse12 View Post
    To lower the bed you have to tighten the wingnuts. Loosing the wingnuts raise the bed. Hope this helps you out.
    Can hardly believe I made that mistake for so long..... Thanks akruse and Mjolinor! Ran the test prints and everything came out fine without issue

I just have two more questions

For anyone who has installed a glass platform on their print bed, did you do so directly over the Kapton tape? Is there any need for anything else between the glass platform and build plate before installing?

For the z-axis shim that's needed to compensate for the added thickness of the glass, is there a working model that anyone has used with the most recent iteration of the FFCP? The screw mountings at the back of my build plate look a little different to what I have seen online in older FF machines.
    Last edited by jbak9141; 09-30-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Technician
    No need for anything between but I use Gino pads. They're sticky enough horizontally to hold the print still, but release the bed vertically if I need to take it off. Then I can avoid using binder clips and risk having the nozzle hit them. I do also use two of the printed bed corners to make it easy to drop it on aligned. I think most people cut them into 30mm squares and put them on the bed with some space between. Makes it so you don't have to fuss with folds or bubbles.

http://www.amazon.com/400mm-205mm-Si.../dp/B007PPEW52

Quote Originally Posted by jbak9141 View Post
    Hi All,
    I just picked up a Flashforge creator Pro and am having a nightmarish time trying to level the build plate. The problem is that when I go into the levelling tool in utilities, the build plate goes up far too high and presses into the extruder nozzles denting the kapton tape on the bed.... I have loosened the wing nuts on the bed all the way in an attempt to lower it but the nozzles are still pressing hard into the bed. Is there any way to fix this/adjust the Z offset when leveling?????

Any help is extremely appreciated.
    I recently bought a Flashforge Dreamer. In this machine, the wing nuts have to be tightened to get the print bed " down" to prevent collision with the nozzle. Loosening the wingnuts make the bed rise because the springs push them up. You may want to check your machine if the same is true.

Technician
    Tighten lowers the bed. Loosen raises it.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast