Close

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I know this is a difficult question to answer, but if you where to get spare parts, which parts would you have bought?
    Are there any parts that are known to wear out before other?

Student
    There is no source of parts for the CTC that I've found. The eBay sellers evaporate after selling a few of them. I'm not exactly sure how identical it is to the FF, so I've only bought generic parts (nozzles, PTFE, filament) so far.

I contacted my China seller from Ali, he told me the most common parts that wear out is the nozzle and the PTFE tube inside. Anyone else had some replacements on their FF printers?

Engineer-in-Training
    The eBay sellers evaporate after selling a few of them
    Pure genius on their part. Sell a few, and then move on before you need to answer any questions, or deal with any problems.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    I know this is a difficult question to answer, but if you where to get spare parts, which parts would you have bought?
    Are there any parts that are known to wear out before other?
    I am at 1960 hours on my FF, and so far only the extruders and nozzles packed it in, a couple of motors.. nothing that couldn't be bought anywhere, But don't buy it of Flashforge, really - they are 3 x the price. Everything for the past year I've bought off Ebay, or ever since Flashforge USA tried to charge me $140 to deliver a $30 hotbed

I have found compatible dual extruders for about $100, Flashforge China (the cheapest!) want $300+shipping for a new dual head. Now granted, this is already assembled etc, but really there is nothing besides the motherboard that is terribly significant to Flashforge, and even then it's not really.. they just use an all-in one sangui board or similar.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    standard nozzles don't fit. Tried that.

everything else would seem prety standard.

Student
    I bought some nozzles on eBay, and they did require drilling them out to fit the PTFE tubing. A 3mm drill comes in handy for cleaning the heat tube, as well.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    standard nozzles don't fit. Tried that.

everything else would seem prety standard.
    Why not replace the entire extruder? its a pretty inexpensive process if you buy a generic one.

Engineer-in-Training
    Do you have a link for the dual extruder you bought off Ebay? Or what do I need to search for?

Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I am at 1960 hours on my FF, and so far only the extruders and nozzles packed it in, a couple of motors.. nothing that couldn't be bought anywhere, But don't buy it of Flashforge, really - they are 3 x the price. Everything for the past year I've bought off Ebay, or ever since Flashforge USA tried to charge me $140 to deliver a $30 hotbed

I have found compatible dual extruders for about $100, Flashforge China (the cheapest!) want $300+shipping for a new dual head. Now granted, this is already assembled etc, but really there is nothing besides the motherboard that is terribly significant to Flashforge, and even then it's not really.. they just use an all-in one sangui board or similar.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I bought my first replacement off flashforge for nearly $400, Ebay about $150-$200

eg..
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PrintME-3...item20eb012e22

just look for that head stock, or alternatively buy the parts seperate and make your own, it is not hard stuff.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast