Close

Makerbot 5th Gen Printing Error

Hey everyone,

So I'm new here a looking for some help. I'm working in a lab and we purchased a Makerbot Replicator 5th Generation at the beginning of the summer. It worked amazingly well for about a month, but now whenever I try to print a large object I get a "heat sink" error. The machine will make it about halfway through the raft, give me the error, and then stop printing. I was wondering if anybody had any advice as to how I might fix this?

Thanks!

Engineer
    yeah, call makerbot. the 5th gen is riddled with problems and they have closed sourced everything pretty tight to where anything you do will void the warranty. anything goes wrong you have to call their support.

This usually means that the temperature in your Smart Extruder went down, so try checking the castle nuts on the extruder and the carriage to make sure that they're in securely. Also, since it's happening in the middle of a print, make sure there's nothing in the way that could knock the extruder loose - that can sometimes cause this error to pop up.
    If you still find that you're having trouble afterward, please feel free to reach out to us here in Support by e-mailing support(at)makerbot(dot)com. We're here Monday through Saturday from 9AM until 6PM ET.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Wow this sounds alot like the AR Drone 2.0, a great machine but they packed so many automated features into it, they start becoming a bottleneck for the machine.