Close

Banned

Connection of BIGTREETECH TFT43 V 3.0

Hello.

Please how should I connect BIGTREETECH TFT43 V 3.0 with Silent Board with TMC2208 Driver For Ender 5 PLUS?

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/p...y-ender-5-plus

BIGTREETECH TFT43 V 3.0.jpg

Banned
    Hello.

Is it not possible to connect the display to the board? All I need is for the touch screen to work. I don't need more.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hello. You have a dual mode display in your possession. It could be setup one of two ways, or preferrably it should be setup both ways. One way of connecting the screen to your mainboard is with the 2 ribbons connected to exp1 & exp2 between the screen and board. The other way requires 4 wires but can use 5. This way is for the touchscreen. For this we need to connect wires to +5v power, - or ground, rx, tx, and a reset pin so when you press the reset button on the tft it resets the mainboard as well. Sometimes the rx and tx pins need to be reversed from one to the other so the screens rx goes to the boards tx and vice versa. Sometimes not. rx and tx are just communication lines so wiring them to each other wrong will not fry anything.

From looking at your mainboard I am pretty sure you will find all those pins in that third ribbon header off to the side of the mainboard that should be labeled aux or aux-1. But we very much need to find a pinout or a schematic of that specific board. Other places to find these pins are in a specific tft header, or a wifi header, etc. You just gotta find that pinout. I took a quick look and came up empty. This thread makes a great case for aftermarket mainboards just because of the ease of access to info on them.

Banned
    Hello.

The screen can be connected with exp1 and exp2. Then there is a black wire with a 4 + 1 pin terminated. I saw a lot of videos how they connect it, but I don't have pins for this connection. I have aux-1 on the board. I'm a beginner so I don't understand a lot of things.

Thank you for answer.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    For right now you can connect just the exp1 & exp2 ribbons and the screen will work as a lcd12864. Later on when you find the pinout for the board you can wire in those 5 wires for the touchscreen mode so you can switch back and forth at will.