Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creality Ender 5 Board Upgrades

I want to add a BL touch to my Creality Ender 5. It is about 6 months old and has a Creality V1.1.4 board in it. My understanding is that this board was obsolete prior to shipping and also it requires disassembly so I can direct connect a firmware loading cable. And it is perhaps only 8 bit which is not clearly a BL touch compatible board.(NO documentation anywhere that I can see). Once I open up the board case I may has well put in the newest board --I guess they have quieter stroke stepper drivers and a boot loader so future upgrades can be done from the front panel USB port.I am assuming I can buy a 2.7(V1.1.5) board for this - it possibly is the newest board and compatible with the Ender 5 (regular one).MY questions:1- Does this sound like the newest board compatible with the BL touch and USB software load?2- Is it "plug compatible" with the present connector types to my old board?3-I am assuming compatibility of the motor drivers with the present Ender-5? Any books/docs on these boards and on the BL touch firmware installation would be useful. I get absolutely NO useful support from the 2 creality shops that I know of. It is a shame--the printer works darned well and they have all types of maintenance and accessory parts available which is the selling point for me.ThanksFritz

Technologist
    look on youTube CHEP and Teaching Tech. They can walk you thru swaping out board on you ender 5 Im getting ready to swap out my 8 bit for SKR 1.4 Pro in my Ender 3 pro

Thanks Bruce!
    fritz

Student
    Still looking to do this? i have the factory bltouch bracket available if you need it.

Technologist
    Im planning to add a BLTouch very soon. They dont come with bracket?

Student
    I'm not sure if they do or not, but I have the factory bracket off my ender 5 plus available. Here's the post:
    https://3dprintboard.com/showthread....s-from-upgrade

Technologist
    I have an Ender 3 Pro soon to have a SKR1.4 Turbo installed And after thats dialed in a ender extender kit too I want to add BL Touch

Student
    Nice! I upgraded mine to the skr 1.4t w/tmc 2209's. I gotta say, it's been a bit of a pain to set up, but totally worth it. have you figured out which drivers to go with? I chose the 2209's for the sensorless home, current detect, and they can supply more current due to the lower RDS on. they run cooler as a result too, and dont require active cooling, so no fan is really needed. Just looked up the extender kit, that would be a great mod. Just an fyi for the bltouch, the creality sensor is wired different than the antclabs one, and they dont tell you... I know the gantry is different from the 3 to the 5, so not too sure if my bracket will fit that.

Technologist
    TMC2226 V1.0. Not into sensorless homing, at least not yet. I wanted to to get the biggest ender extender 400X400 but the cabinet / shelf wont accomidate so I settled for 300 x 300. at least there were a few print projects I wanted to do that 235 X 235 wont..waiting for NEW hot end to arrive monday as wire came un_soldered of fan motor. soon as get new hot end and make sure all works, then ender extender kit. Or the SKR 1.4 Turbo then extender kit?

Student
    The 2226's should work nicely. Why do you have to get a new hot end because of the fan? I'd totally do the skr board first, because you still have to get the extender. If you do the extender first and get it dialed in, you just might never do the board, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast