Close

Exclamation Problems with Extruder on Tronxy XY-2 Pro

Good Afternoon,

I am new to this 3d printing and to this website so I'm posting my first question here because I need some help. I purchased my Tronxy XY-2 Pro 3d printer sometime before Christmas. However, I didn't get around to setting it up until about one month ago. I immediately encountered problems with the head that the extruder is mounted on seemed to be stuck. After a few days, I figured out what the matter was and then another problem arose. After warming the heated bed and the extruder, and loading filament, I go to try and print a sample print job. The extruder moves around in what appears to be the right pattern but very little filament comes out of the extruder. I tried to clean the extruder by backing the filament out and then heating it up again. That did seem to loosen up a small piece of filament that was lodged in the extruder but even after doing that, hardly any filament comes out. What am I doing wrong? Like I said I'm new to the 3d printing world and I don't have any experience other than watching a few videos about 3d printing on YouTube. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Joel Wiggers

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    make sure that the bowden tube (the white plastic filament that carries the filament from the extruder to the hot end/printhead) is pushed in really hard to both the extruder and the hotend.

Quite often the tube does not go all the way to the top of the nozzle and that will cause blockages.

the machine itself is - essentially - an edner 3 clone. So could have a number of issues. But if you look up ender 3's with the same problem you should find solutions :-)

You can't afford to miss out on this exciting new game. My favorite card game is Spider Solitaire 2 Suit. There are two standard 52-card decks in the game, as well as three different difficulty levels. It necessitates skill and a high level of concentration on the part of the players. Do you want to test your level by playing a trial game?