Close

Homing Failed/Noob

Hello,
    I just recently assembled my Ender 3 Pro. Was and still am having issues with leveling the bed. It appears that mine is warped. Tried a glass bed and I still can not get it level. All four corners will be fairly close but when it gets to the center or edge, there is a gap. I downloaded CHEP bed level and ran that, it only touched the the 2 left corners and just kept looping through. I used the auto home numerous times without any issues, would do as it should... Now I can not get the bed to move at all, as soon as I select auto home, the bed locks, you hear a click and a error message pops up. Homing halted, please reset. I can not get anything to move now, I have checked wiring, belts, looked for any obstructions, disconnected and left unplugged for 20 mins. Plug back up and it still does the same thing. It is running version 1.0.1. I haven't been able to get my first print off yet... What am I doing wrong? or not looking at?

Sticky notes work good for nozzle spacing. Adjust for just a very slight tug on the paper. Make sure the nozzle doesn't have a booger hanging off the end of it.
    I like to use 170-180º when setting it so the filament doesn't ooze out too much.

Use a straight-edge and look for hills or valleys across the bed. Use a light behind the straight-edge ruler.
    I use thin vellum or drafting paper as a shim under the flex mats to fill a valley in the middle of the heater.
    Glass should be dead flat.

Found the issue in regards to homing error. Had the incorrect firmware on my SD. Removed and replaced with correct and now it will home. But now the issue is leveling, I used a business card but it still looks like its way to close. It starts off with a long line then globs. Its also only printing on the left side of the bed.

Engineer-in-Training
    You have the nozzle way too HIGH and probable not quite level hence printing one side. Use a piece of 80 copier paper as a thickness gauge. Have you checked your bed with a straight edge as suggested by Axl-myk it's a much easier way to check flatness than technology your problem could be a bent gantry or print bed rail.
    Last edited by Gambo; 03-14-2021 at 06:17 AM.