Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Creality Ender 5 plus - 32bit motherboard with drivers

Hi.

I bought a Creality Ender 5 plus (24V) and would like to replace the motherboard with a 32bit motherboard with drivers for better printing and quiet operation of the 3d printer.

What 32bit motherboard with drivers should I buy?
    What firmware will I need and where can I download it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

(Sorry for the translation, English is not my native language)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The 32 bit boards all are using different processors. Whereas all the 8 bit boards were using the same atmega 2560 running at 16mhz the 32 bit boards range from 72mhz all the way up to 300mhz. The higher the clock speed of the processor can only translate into more decisions made per second. And so you would think we would all be searching for the 32 bit board with the best processor because that will very likely handle the higher speed printing in the best capacity. The most powerful 32 bit mainboard we can get by the specs right now outside of the DUET 3 6HC which runs at 300mhz is gonna be the FYSETC S6 which runs at 180mhz. Here is a link to this board on ali: S6 V2.0 Board 32 Bit Control Board Support 6X TMC Drivers Uart/SPI Flying Wire XH/MX Connector VS F6 V1.3 SKR V1.3|3D Printer Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress .
    The SKR mini e3 runs at 72mhz, The SKR 1.3 and 1.4 run at 100mhz, The SKR 1.4 Turbo runs at 120mhz, The SKR PRO and GTR 1.0 run at 168mhz. All 8 bit boards were near identical apart from their connectors But the 32 bit boards are a completely different world. They are all different.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh and as for drivers I would go with TMC2226. They are basically a revamped TMC2209 for better heat dissipation. They are silent, support sensorless homing, advanced stallgaurd, and all the other latest features of the day as they are the latest offering. BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 Stepper Motor Driver – Biqu Equipment

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Given that I have printed at 200mm/s with an 8bit atmega 1280 - the cheapest andnastiest board on the planet.
    You don't need to go into duet realms of expense.

the skr 1.4 turbo with the silent steppers - should be more than enough.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIGTREETE...UAAOSwOQpfyjO2
    great little board and even has sockets for dual z axis motors - which you need for the ender 5 (I think, looks like it has 2 z motors)
    You can pickup the board, tmc steppers and a 3.5 inch touch screen for about £70.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIGTREETE...MAAOSwE91eAcFu

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIGTREETE...oAAOSwgjVgNhhX

Usually cheaper in the states.

Banned
    Hi.

Please buy me if you buy this board S6 V2.0 Board 32 Bit Control Board Support 6X TMC Drivers Uart / SPI Flying Wire XH / MX Connector VS F6 V1.3 SKR V1.3
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000345369228.html
    Why there is a price of 33.32 - 36.10 US $. Will it be on 24V?

What drivers should I buy?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...t=TMC2226+V1.0

The original touch screen of the Creality Ender 5 plus can be connected to this board.

Will I need to buy anything else to connect this board?

Thank you very much for your help.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    ALL of these mainboards will happily run on either 12 or 24v and they are all even labeled on the power input 12-24v. The issue with the voltage difference really is just a thing for the fans. While the heaters are labeled 12 and 24v they are controlled by a fully tunable PWM driver circuit known as a PID loop. and so we can have shorter less intensive pulses at 24v happily drive a 12v heater. and we can run 12v fans with a $2 ebay buck LM2596 step down converter. 12-24v is less of a problem than you could ever know.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavelev View Post
    Will I need to buy anything else to connect this board?
    I like my connections and wiring to be tight and clean and so when I aquire a new mainboard I will usually identify the connectors I need which lately all seem to be the mini jst connectors and i head over to ebay and find a bunch of pigtails and break out my soldering station and make my wiring look like this. It is not absolutely necessary but it does give the printer a finished look and also does a real good job at preventing the micro motion and fretting withing electical connections. Especially on robots with 3 moving axes..

Banned
    You're done nicely. I need advice on the driver. Which I specifically buy, I exchange TMC2226. I'm just learning it, so I don't understand everything. I need drivers for Creality Ender 5 plus for this board S6 V2.0 Board 32 Bit Control Board Support 6X TMC Drivers Uart / SPI Flying Wire XH / MX Connector VS F6 V1.3 SKR V1.3. For axes Z1, Z2, Y, X. And also for the motor which feeds the filament.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    How do you mean you exchange tmc2226? Those are the drivers to have. Some older mainboards do not have support for the extra 2 pins under the tmc2209/2226/5160 drivers and so that group will run the 2208/2225 drivers. The FYSETC S6 has support for the extra pins so you can use any driver made on that board. I would run the TMC2226 drivers myself. For X,Y,Z,and E. As for Z2 the FYSETC S6 has 6 stepper driver sockets and 7 stepper motor sockets. You will only need one driver for Z1 & Z2. Get a 4 pack of TMC2226 drivers, configure the pins on the mainboard for UART, configure marlin as if they were TMC2209 drivers, and enjoy the silent printing.

Banned
    I apologize for my poor translation of the English language. I use google. I'm from the Czech Republic and nobody wants to advise me here.

1. I bought a Creality Ender 5 plus
    2. I want to replace the original board with a 32bit board.
    3. I want to buy this board S6 V2.0 Board 32 Bit Control Board Support 6X TMC Drivers Uart / SPI Flying Wire XH / MX Connector VS F6 V1.3 SKR V1.3
    4. Here on this page: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale? CatId = 0 & initiative_id = SB_20210311063519 & SearchText = TMC2226 + V1.0

There are 4 types of TMC2226 drivers:

(1) BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 UART Stepper Motor Driver 3D Printer Parts TMC2209 TMC2208 SKR V1.3 SKR V1.4 MINI E3 For Ender 3 CR10

(2) BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 Stepper Motor Driver Stepstick Mute 3D Printer Parts For SKR V1.3 SKR V1.4 Turbo Pro MKS 3D Motherboard

(3) BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 Stepper Motor Silent Driver VS TMC2209 / 2130 Driver For SKR V1.3 / V1.4 / V1.4 Turbo MKS 3D Printer Parts

(4) BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 Stepper Motor Driver UART 3D Printer Parts vs TMC2209 TMC2208 For SKR V1.3 V1. 4 Turbo Ender-3 CR10

and I don't know which one to buy.

Only today I learned what drivers are.

5. When I decide what to buy, I need advice on how to assemble and set it up.

6. What Firmware should I download and how to install it.

I need step-by-step advice on how to proceed and what to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast