Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    It appease that is has shrunk the column width but the message is intact?
    Yes. Your post displays with first line as just the three words’It appease that’.Also, I’m previewing this, and THAT seems flawed too. Instead of placing those first three words on a single line, it ignored my Return character. At least that’s what it looks like as I compose this reply on my iPad. Who knows what it will be after sending!

Technician
    This site is the buggiest I've seen in a long time!

Here are three screenshots showing how my last reply looks:

- With my iPad vertical
    - With my iPad horizontal
    - On my PC in Waterfox/Firefox

iPad-Portrait.jpg

iPad-Landscape.jpg

PCview.jpg

Technician
    I'm still trying to discover what's going on here. It's plainly not an issue for most users but it's really bugging me! I use many forums and have never see this behaviour before. It's also inconsistent: some posts get displayed reasonably well but others are virtually unreadable. For example this is what my ipad screen displays now when checking a thread I started.

WeirdFormating.jpg

That thin line of text continues for several screens. The embedded images are not shown. The full text is not shown. Yet the post before is OK.

Yet my iPhone and PC display both correctly. So does my wife's Android phone. However, as described earlier, I've had similar displays on my PC, just not so extreme. And a factor with those seems to be whether images were present.

And it arises in all threads I've so far seen. For example, I'm trying to read 'stickies', all of which look like this:

WeirdFormatStickie.jpg

My obvious work-around is to avoid this site when using my iPad. But apart from the inconvenience, I obsess over unsolved puzzles of this sort!

So if anyone here has an iPad and a few minutes to spare I'd appreciate feedback please.

And it would be good if one of the moderators could also raise it with the site developer please.

EDITED: This demonstrates the erratic and inconsistent aspect. I tried opening a 'weird' post in IE and that too was weird. Then I tried Chrome, which was OK. Opera was also OK. Then I tried IE again - and that was now OK!

Terry, UK
    Last edited by terrypin; 03-12-2021 at 04:32 AM.

its weird cos ive had this issue in chrome as well, i just edit the post after i post and its fine, its a faff i know

Technician
    Thanks, I'll try a trivial edit immediately after my next post and see if that then displays correctly on both PC and iPad.
    (This is my edited post.)

Technician
    Well, that edited post looks OK on my PC in Waterfox, Chrome and IE - but unfortunately it's still a 3 character strip on the vertical iPad and 18 chars horizontal.

As they say, go figure!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    It's not just you, and it's been that way for a couple of years now. On the first and last posts on any given page, a block of space is reserved, most likely for the potential insertion of ad space. The reserved space is fixed. If you shrink the width of your window pane down, you can actually get down to no text actually being displayed.

Options include avoiding accessing the forum on devices with a small screen and running with as small of a font as you can tolerate.

EDIT: And yes, updating a post does eliminate the reserved white space. As you said, go figure.

Technician
    Thanks printbus, that explains it at last. Incredible that such a serious flaw remains unfixed for so long.Reading your post with my iPad in portrait mode, the text was a 3-character strip! Rather better in landscape. PITA for us tablet users.

it Looks fine on my Windows 11 PC, i am using Google Chrome. shareit downloadingvidmate 2014
    Last edited by sonmezroy; 02-26-2022 at 03:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12