Close

Serious help needed with Sunlu S8 3d printer :(

Hello ladies and gents,

Serious help needed with my Sunlu S8 printer. I am pulling my hair out looking for solutions.. Please bear with me as I attempt to explain my dilemmas..

For starters, I have been printing with an ender 3 for about a year now and it's worked great. but, I acquired a Sunlu S8 3d printer at a swap sale NIB a few weeks ago because I have been looking for something with a larger print area. Before anyone even mentions it, I KNOW it's not the greatest printer.. nonetheless, the first issue I am struggling with is to upgrade the printers firmware, as I'm sure it's outdated. However, I cannot find any online tutorials, documentation or firmware for that matter, in order to get this done. Aside from that, when I connect the printer to my pc running windows 10, It is not detected. Contacting the manufacturer has been pointless, it's been over a week and they have yet to reply to any of the emails I have sent..

Second question I have is, How in the heck do I go about adding a Bltouch to this printer? Is it even possible?

I would GREATLY appreciate it if somebody could take the time to walk me through these issues and share their knowledge on this subject. I am at my witts end with this printer and ready to give up..

The only other possible solution I could think of would be to remove the mainboard from my ender 3 and install it in the sunlu, and try changing the dimensions and other parameters in cura to match the sunlu..

Please help! ((

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Try starting Here if you need help with BL-Touch Post.

Printer S8 Trouble Shooting

Printer S8 Forum

Sunlu S8 Marlin 2.0.5.3 Firmware.

S8 official Marlin V1.0 and Source configuration file

There is a lot of good reading and information on the S8 Forum
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-17-2020 at 08:17 AM.

try here if needed

Hi , did you get sorted ? you could check out Mike kings group on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/S8KiNG/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzewa8701 View Post

Hello ladies and gents,

Serious help needed with my Sunlu S8 printer. I am pulling my hair out looking for solutions.. Please bear with me as I attempt to explain my dilemmas..

For starters, I have been printing with an ender 3 for about a year now and it's worked great. but, I acquired a Sunlu S8 3d printer at a swap sale NIB a few weeks ago because I have been looking for something with a larger print area. Before anyone even mentions it, I KNOW it's not the greatest printer.. nonetheless, the first issue I am struggling with is to upgrade the printers firmware, as I'm sure it's outdated. However, I cannot find any online tutorials, documentation or firmware for that matter, in order to get this done. Aside from that, when I connect the printer to my pc running windows 10, It is not detected. Contacting the manufacturer has been pointless, it's been over a week and they have yet to reply to any of the emails I have sent..

Second question I have is, How in the heck do I go about adding a Bltouch to this printer? Is it even possible?

I would GREATLY appreciate it if somebody could take the time to walk me through these issues and share their knowledge on this subject. I am at my witts end with this printer and ready to give up..

The only other possible solution I could think of would be to remove the mainboard from my ender 3 and install it in the sunlu, and try changing the dimensions and other parameters in cura to match the sunlu..

Please help! ((