Close

Question Resin Prints Sticking on the Film. HELP PLEASE!

I own an Anet N4 Resin printer, now my question is, all of the sudden my prints are getting stuck on the FEP film instead of the build plate. I searched around for some stuff, people said to put some lubricant. Can I use any lubricant like WD40? or is there a specific lubricant I need? Thanks!

Staff Engineer
    I've seen a video in which the operator used a PTFE liquid lubricant. It was applied to a clean cloth and rubbed over the FEP film. It's clear that it would be ill-advised to apply too much. Ensure you start with a clean FEP and apply only just prior to using the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I've seen a video in which the operator used a PTFE liquid lubricant. It was applied to a clean cloth and rubbed over the FEP film. It's clear that it would be ill-advised to apply too much. Ensure you start with a clean FEP and apply only just prior to using the printer.
    Yeah I saw that too, but do I have to use that specific lubricant or is any other good?

Staff Engineer
    If you use other than PTFE, you are on your own, experimenting with materials not tried by others (that I've seen online) and can risk damaging the film. If you use specifically PTFE, and apply too much, who knows what will happen, but it won't damage the film. If you use too little, you're prints will stick as before.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    If you use other than PTFE, you are on your own, experimenting with materials not tried by others (that I've seen online) and can risk damaging the film. If you use specifically PTFE, and apply too much, who knows what will happen, but it won't damage the film. If you use too little, you're prints will stick as before.
    True, alright then Thanks!