Close

Question Ender 3 V2 Colliding with printed layers

Hi,

I have just started printing miniatures on my stock Ender 3 V2. I have been trying to print this goose for the past couple of days and have had no success. Every time I print the model just after the legs are finished printing the nozzle starts to clip the top of the leg and make a small click sound and bend it as shown in the image. I am running 3DJake white ecoPLA 1.75mm with nozzle temp at 195-200 with the heated bed at a toasty 60 (temperatures are in Celsius). My print speed is set to 45 mm/s and I also have retraction enabled.

I believe it is because my printer is over extruding and making ridges of excess material, which the printer nozzle can collide with. Is this the correct assumption and how would I go about fixing it??
    20210222_180914000_iOS.jpg
    Also any tips and tricks to improving my prints overall would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening to my story.
    Last edited by noon00; 02-22-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Is the model warping of the print bed.??

Thanks for the reply,

Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
    Is the model warping of the print bed.??
    Nope its not warping off the bed at all I generally have good first layer adhesion on all my prints and occasionally I have had a little warping on other prints. I also print the goose on a raft to avoid elephants foot

EDIT-

I have done a little more printing today and on bigger prints a couple of my corners sometimes warp.
    Last edited by noon00; 02-23-2021 at 09:05 AM.