Close

Ender 3 sudden stringing issue!

hi, i have been printing with my ender 3 for a couple of months now and overall have had very few issue and only very minor stringing.
    yesterday i was printing some links for a cable chain which i have printed before without issue but this time they were covered in stringing! both thin whispy stringy bits and the type that look like trees/branches.
    ive now started running some tests by printing these tet peices and messing with some settings...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2219103

im on my 5th test now with no change.
    my original settings were...
    nozzle temp - 210
    bed temp - 60
    layer height - 0.1
    flow rate - 100%
    print speed - 45 mm/s
    enable retraction - yes
    retraction distance - 5mm
    retraction speed - 50 mm/s
    extra prime amount - 0 mm3

so far i havent messed with the extra prime amount but have brought the nozzle down to 190, bed still 60, flow rate down to 95% (in 2.5% increments), print speed between 45-50 mm/s, retraction distance 4-6mm, retraction speed between 30-55 mm/s - all of this and still no improvment :/ im puzzled as to why this problem started so suddenly, one thing i have noticed as well is that as the nozzle is heating up it slowly oozes material.
    does anyone have any sugestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

i should have added maximum retraction count - 10 / minimum extrusion distance window - 5mm

i have finally seen a bit of an improvment the last 2 prints were done with 180 nozzle temp, 6 and 7mm retraction (6 seems to have turned out better), 25mm/s retraction speed and 95% flow.
    although these are far better than the last 10 prints ive done there still not perfect, does any one have any suggestions??20210219_135541.jpg