Close

Threaded View

Recommendation for Printer/Material/Technology to print small cookie cutter

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find the best printer/technology/material for small cookie cutters. It does not matter if the material is food safe as it will be used to cut clay and not actual cookies.
    To do some research I have ordered some custom made cutters as samples to examine them:

Most of these custom cutters online is similar to Cutter A on the left side of the picture. That one has about 0.8 mm blade part and some edge around it which is not really good for thicker clay as it will leave some parts on the final cut which is hard to remove.
    On the other hand there is Cutter B which is made by a company called FMM Sugarcraft, and here is the product: https://www.fmmsugarcraft.com/produc...ric-cutter-set

What are your thoughts on Cutter B? What would be your advise to achieve a similar result? Like printer/technology and material? I believe it does not necessarily has to be 0.2 mm thin if it would be possible to create a similar wall thickness as Cutter A with some average 3D printer but without that edge, maybe using some different filament type to make it more strong? I believe that is the reason why everyone is printing these type of cutters with that edge, to add more strength to the blade.

I know that SLA/DLP printers have better accuracy I am not sure however if those resins would make a good cutter, At the moment I am looking after the most commonly available FDM printers so if it would be possible to do this with FDM printers that would be amazing, but please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

This may help:
    My Location: Ireland / EU
    Budget: 1000 EUR / 1200 USD
    Experience with 3D printing: zero, just started reading articles, tests, etc, but I have 3D modeling experience.
    Build volume: > 150 x 150 mm
    What I want to do with the printer: 50% mainly printing those cutters for clay, and 50% printing other useful functional stuffs around the home
    Note: As I am in an apartment, the printer should be enclosed. I don't really want to build it myself also

Thank you,
    TZ
    Attached Images Attached Images