Close

Another Newbie: What Should I buy?

Hello all. Looking at purchasing a 3D printer to print/replicate some parts for a car restoration and other fun stuff. I know zero about these. I would like something kinda of good sized or expandable if possible? And of course bang for the buck. I see kits, pre made etc, what model should I be looking at? I am mechanically inclined and don’t mind putting things together if a kit is the best way to go. The computer I have is a Mac. Not sure if that makes any difference but I figured I would mention that also.
    Last edited by carguytroy; 02-14-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    most important thing we need to know: whjat is your maximum budget ?
    And the largest item you might want to make - larger build volumes DO mean more cost :-)

Pretty much all openframe style printers are expandable - with differing degrees of difficulty and cost.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I think I like that printer you suggested in the other thread CA. The sidewinder. Artillery Sidewinder X1 SW-X1 3D Printer: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific . That might be a good suggestion here. Good size build volume, volcano hot end, filament runout sensor, glass bed, color touchscreen, silent drivers. The printer has the right specs. I am no real fan of the 8 bit MKS GEN L board but that is an easy and cheap upgrade down the road.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah the new model Artillery is a nice looking machine.
    And the i3 design is probably easier to troubleshoot than the tronxy corexy I settled on.

Both should perform well and are good value for money.