Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Great thanks for advice, i'm learning a little at a time but now i'll add heavy duty foil as well as hairspray to my shopping list!
    Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Davidtja View Post
    I'm also in Uk (so metric) I'm not actually going by what he said - he was using the feeler gauge (that comes with the printer) which is .2mm (according to a reference online) I use this under the head and ensure I call feel a little friction as I move the gauge. I have also seen mention of using A4 paper which I assume would be a lot thinner.Thanks
    And these manipulations do not accidentally depend on the printer model? On mine this will not work, probably. And there is no such need.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi David I have just had the chance to read the installation instruction for your machine I think the second stage of bed leveling is calibrating the auto leveling system so it is the first stage with a piece of paper which sets the zero height reference for the system auto leveling compensates for lack of flatness in the bed by adjusting the z axis. In general auto levelers are troublesome things and quiet unnecessary if the machine print bed is flat which is why many user install Glass beds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12