Close

Newbie to 3d printing.. Need help with picking 3d printer

Hello Everyone,

I would like, if you could recommend a good not so pricy 3d printer for hobbyist like my self (work on cars, woodworking, cnc and home electronics) but tying to get into 3d printing too.
    There are just to many options out there today that I am not sure witch one is good for newbie like my self, will last long time and with reasonable price around $100 to $400.

Plus I have few questions that I can't find good all around answers to:

How accurate is Build Volume that they show on Websites?
    What type of Bed is good? Glass? Heated Bed? Glass-Ceramic?
    What about Print Speeds? Min? Max?
    What about Travel Speed? Min? Max?
    What are basic or minimal filaments that should print? PLA, ABS?
    Is it better when filament is on top of 3d printer or to the side? Any Difference?
    Dual Material Printing vs dual nozzle?

Thank you

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    2 is nice. 3 is better. And let me now explain why. With dual filaments we have 2 hotends that are linked and the one not being used oozes all over the print. Or we have one hotend with PTFE tubing that is Y'd together and we have to figure out ramming sequences and travel distances. Or we have an idex and have to calibrate so the seperate carriages go to the same place for printing. But with a 3 in 1 out mixing hotend all 3 filaments are just right there sitting in the nozzle ready to go. You select the color you want to use and start feeding it. There is no toolchange required. Sure there is more work to be done to achieve mixing and understanding ratios and what colors they make, but to just use it for 1, 2, or 3 color/filament printing it is the simplest way of getting the job done. Because no filament ever needs to be retracted before another filament is fed in. There are only a few 3 in 1 mixing hotends out today. One that is old and has been around for years now. The Damond Hotend. There is a new design of a 3 in 1 mixing hotend out now. It is made by Geeetech and here is their largest build volume printer with the 3 in 1 mixing hotend. For your consideration check out this printer that I myself would love to own: Geeetech A30T 3-in-1-out auto leveling mix color 3d printer [800-001-0613] - $479.20 : geeetech 3d printers onlinestore, one-stop shop for 3d printers,3d printer accessories,3d printer parts