Close

New and I haven't figured out proper scaling and proportions for multiple piece.

So I'm pretty new to this and kneel before those who came before me.

I'm using a FlashForge Adventurer Pro 3 and the FlashPrint software. I do fine creating single items, but when I want to do something that requires multiple pieces to be printed and then assembled I don't know how to make them fit correct proportions. Like I'll have a leg to a machine but then the socket it supposed to fit into wants to print bigger than the leg itself. So far I haven't found a way around this except to eye ball it, which is extremely inefficient.

Advice? Another program? Something I'm missing?

Thank you so much in advance!

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have never had any problems with multiple piece models just print them one at a time they fit together.

Sometimes they need a little sanding though they fit together.
    I 3D Printed the MPCNC and all pieces fit together and this was 3D Printed using ABS filament.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add jamcultur on Thingiverse
    Scaling things to fit together properly is something that needs to be done by the designer in the design software. Did you design the thing that you're having problems with? If so, you'll need to fix your design. I you didn't design it, try contacting the designer for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jamcultur View Post
    Scaling things to fit together properly is something that needs to be done by the designer in the design software. Did you design the thing that you're having problems with? If so, you'll need to fix your design. I you didn't design it, try contacting the designer for a fix.

It is a set of files I downloaded off of Gambody. Most of the pieces seem to go fine but every once in awhile there's one that's massively outsized.

For example: Add the first 6 pieces and then number 7 goes Hulk on me.

f1.jpgf2.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that usually happens if the part is really small - or the measurements are in inches (slicers pretty much only understand millimetres.)
    For some reason the slicer will increase the size to around 2225%

All you need to do is to go into the resize tab and put it back to 100%.

In flashprint you select the model and open the SCALE menu on the left side of the screen.
    Set it to 100% and that should sort it.

Generally a good model designer will have gone through and checked the files before they go out, though every now and then something does slip through the quality control. Best thing to do is to let the designer know what is happening so they can look at the model at their end so they can get it re-sized and re-loaded.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nah, this particular issue is purely down to how some slicers react to very small parts.